Complaint Review: Title Max

• Phone: (803) 502-2435
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Title Max Will NOT return my car Aiken, South Carolina

*Author of original report: Contact CORPORATE office when you can't get anything resolved locally.

I defaulted on my title max loan resulting in the repossesion of my vehicle.  I received a certified letter in the mail, stating I would have to pay the total balance in full plus any other fees accured, if I do not, my vehicle will be sold at a private auction sometime after April 5, 2013.   I called the office, and got my balance.  I called again on April 4 and was told the manager sold my vehicle last night, which would have been April 3rd.  I ask the representative, how could that be, when my certified letter stated I had until April 5th, she then stated she needed to call me back.  In the meantime while they were getting their lies together, I was half-way to the office.  I paid out my balance on April 4, and received my title.  I was charged $45 for a transport fee to the auction, and in order for me to get my vehicle back from the repo guy I will have to pay and additional $120, for him going back to the  auction and picking my car back up.  I don't understand or comprehend why I have to pay any transport fees when my car should have never went to the auction.

I am eagerly waiting on Monday morning, I have already received advice from local authorities, my attorney office is my next stop.  I have no more patience or time to deal with people who think you absolutely stupid

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2013 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Title-Max/Aiken-South-Carolina-29801/Title-Max-Will-NOT-return-my-car-Aiken-South-Carolina-1041511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Title Max

Contact CORPORATE office when you can't get anything resolved locally.

AUTHOR: rob01 - ()

I defaulted on my title max loan resulting in the repossesion of my vehicle.  I received a certified letter in the mail, stating I would have to pay the total balance in full plus any other fees accured, if I did not, my vehicle will be sold at a private auction sometime after April 5, 2013.   I called the office, and got my balance.  I called again on April 4 and was told the manager sold my vehicle last night, which would have been April 3rd.  I ask the representative, how could that be, when my certified letter stated I had until April 5th, she then stated she needed to call me back.  In the meantime while they were getting their lies together, I was half-way to the office.  I paid out my balance on April 4, and received my title.  I was charged $45 for a transport fee to the auction, and in order for me to get my vehicle back from the repo guy I would have to pay an additional $120, for him going back to the  auction and picking my car back up.  I don't understand or comprehend why I have to pay any transport fees when my car should have never went to the auction.

I am eagerly waiting on Monday morning, I have already received advice from local authorities, my attorney office is my next stop.  I have no more patience or time to deal with people who think you're absolutely stupid.  Being in a financial bind does not constitute someone to treat you like your dumb.  I contaced corporate office and spoke with their regional manager.  I received my car back, plus $45 transport fee.  They could have cleaned up all the writing on my windows, how embrassing is that.  I will be calling back in the morning.  All of this was NOT CALL FOR