Complaint Review: TitleBucks, TitleMax

• Submitted: Thu, November 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 01, 2007

• Reported By:Augusta Georgia
TitleBucks, TitleMax
3170 Deans Bridge Rd Augusta, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 706-560-9372
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

TitleBucks,TitleMax Professional Scam Artist...Masters of Fine Print Augusta Georgia

TitleBucks should change their names to "Rip off Pour helpless souls who have no other option but to get a title loan". Last year the starter on my car was acting up, since it was November and very close to the holidays, I didn't want my 4 year old daughter's Christmas to suffer because I'd spent all our money on the car.

So I went to TitleBucks, I guess I can say I was a bit nieve, but I really had no other choice. The way they explained things to me was totally different than the way it came to be.

It is now November again and I have paid them, faithfully every month, a total of $1,300 for an $1,100 loan. I have had my hours cut at work and was unable to pay on time this last month and they are now threatening me with garnishment!!! I went over all my old receipts and pointed out to them that my loan had been paid off and in no way could the $1300 only gone to interest!?!

I was told that I either had to pay the account in full or they would send the state marshall out to my house to serve me with a writ of arrest!

I can't believe this, If I'd known it was going to be this serious I would have just taken my chances on a lame Christmas.

Is there anything I can do about this, because this just doesn't seem right to me???

Annivery
Augusta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2007 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TitleBucks-TitleMax/Augusta-Georgia-30906/TitleBucksTitleMax-Professional-Scam-ArtistMasters-of-Fine-Print-Augusta-Georgia-282328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TitleBucks, TitleMax