• Report: #207938

• Submitted: Fri, August 25, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, May 10, 2007

• Reported By:clinton Tennessee
TitleMax Title Pawn
116 S Illinois Ave Oak Ridge, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-485-3689
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

TitleMax Title Pawn Ripoff Artests is what they are, not only do the customers get screwed over,but so do the employees OakRidge Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: What makes you people want to be so rude just because she is an ex-employee?

*Consumer Suggestion: read the law on wages

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Fight Back To Receive All Wages Earned

I worked for this company since march 29th,2006 till Aug. 18th,2006 I quit because not only do they expect you to treat the customers like dogs the company treats the employees like dogs. They cover this up with a bonus for asst mgrs being 2.5% of each months profit and 5% for managers.

Our profit in July was around 24,000. I quit in August so when I received my last check today my July bonus was not on it. They said it was because I quit, but I quit in Aug. not July.

The day I walked out I had just come back from 4 hours in the open sun cleaning out repo'd 3 vehicles. Which consited of rotten food, MAGGOTS, garbage, dirty cloths and thing I'm not sure what they were. When I came back starving because I had not eaten all day I got gripped at for not doing an inspection on a vehicle that was there, but I was so drained and tired I just took pix.

This company is the worst I have ever worked for and the most unprofessional I have ever seen.

K
clinton, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2006 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TitleMax-Title-Pawn/Oak-Ridge-Tennessee-37830/TitleMax-Title-Pawn-Ripoff-Artests-is-what-they-are-not-only-do-the-customers-get-screwed-207938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TitleMax Title Pawn

What makes you people want to be so rude just because she is an ex-employee?

AUTHOR: Karla - (U.S.A.)

I don't think that Titlemax relayed to her when she was hired that she would be cleaning trash, maggots, etc. out of repossessed cars. Remember the phrase - Do under to others as you would have them do unto you. You may be in the same boat someday and I think you might want understanding from someone and not cruel criticism. I, myself, in looking for employment, never even looked at the advertisements asking for collection agents. You are supposed to sit there and threaten other people if they don't pay their bill. Then, you go home and try to scrape together enough money to pay your own bills because this title pawn shop is not even paying you enough for the mental torment you go through every day if you really care about of the welfare of other people.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

read the law on wages

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

For one you are the one who quit because you did not want to do the job, you knew this was part of the job, so stop your crying,two you must be employed at the time bonuses were given (the 2nd check of the mont just like any other company, if you quit before bonuses were given out that is your fault.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Fight Back To Receive All Wages Earned

AUTHOR: Jackie - (U.S.A.)

I recommend that you contact the Department of Labor, Hourly, Wage Division (Federal). I would also send a certified letter to the corporate office in Savannah, GA requesting a complete record of all hours worked and paid thru your last date of employment. Give them a specific timeframe e.g. 15 days to respond back from date of letter. If you do not receive a response in a timely matter, I would proceed to file my complaint with DOL.