Complaint Review: TitleMax

• Submitted: Tue, August 28, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 28, 2007

• Reported By:Clarksville Tennessee
TitleMax
TitleMax.com Clarksville, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

TitleMax Any recourse with repos Scary employees!! Ripoff Clarksville Tennessee

I realize that I signed a valid contract, and that I could not meet the payments due to financial and health issues, which have no bearing so I won't go into them. BUT... the way they practice business is un ethical. First of all, I was in dire need of money, or I would never have done it. I was upset, and when I was attempting to read the contract the employee kept up constant chatter and kept drawing my attention away from it. She was pretty much shoving the pen at me. At the time I did not realize it, but I clued in later. She asked me numerous questions while I was "reading" the contract... about my kids, my health..anything to keep me from giving it my full attention.

Then... the house calls. Showing up at the door, repeatedly. Getting nasty when you tell them you DON'T HAVE IT. They tell you as long as you "keep in contact" they will have leniency. Great, so as long as you allow them to verbally harass you.. you get leniency.

Once, an employee showed up at the door, and actually stuck her foot IN THE DOOR. I wasn't attempting to close the door, I was talking with her. I was keeping my dogs in and from jumping all over her. Then the foot went into the door, so she could get it open further. So... I opened it wide open, let her in and of course, the dogs jumped all over her. I had the payment, all but $20. In front of her, I dug through my purse for change, hoping to maybe come up with some of that $20. I managed $3. After all that, I was told that I could take my cash down to the office, they would "hold" it until I could come in with the rest. They would NOT apply what I had to it. They would NOT accept it as a payment. It was all or nothing.

The end result, they have my car. I have less than 20 days to come up with $1900 or they sell it. I don't care what they say about paying you anything over it, they won't. Judging from their attitudes, they will lie. I feel SO stupid for using that service. I lost my car, had many ugly confrontations, and was belittled.... and now I'm just stuck. I wish I could go back in time, I would tell that employee to shut up, get up and walk away with the contract and read it.

There is no recourse now is there?

Srh
Clarksville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2007 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TitleMax/Clarksville-Tennessee-37043/TitleMax-Any-recourse-with-repos-Scary-employees-Ripoff-Clarksville-Tennessee-270902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TitleMax