Complaint Review: Titlemax - Franklin TN

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: jwm_in_TN — Spring Hill Tennessee United States of America
Titlemax - Franklin TN
1117 Murfreesboro Road Franklin, Tennessee United States of America

Titlemax - Franklin TN No matter how good of a customer you've been - BEWARE! Franklin, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: This won't be your final repo

*Consumer Comment: I've led you down this path long enough..

*Author of original report: whew... my last response

*Consumer Comment: So just to be very clear...

*Author of original report: non-hypothetical

*Author of original report: response to "boo hoo"

*Consumer Comment: Not Hypothetical

*Author of original report: hypothetical?

*Consumer Comment: You never answered the question

*Consumer Comment: boo hoo

*Author of original report: you don't know everything Robert

*Author of original report: Titlemax ... some people do care.

*Consumer Comment: Question

I became a Titlemax customer in Oct-2011. I borrowed $500 on my 87 Chevy truck and eventually paid, over time, the $500 back and then borrowed an additional $350 in Oct-2012 just as I was paying off the $500. Titlemax made very good profit from my business as the total amount I've paid them with all charges, etc probably is close to $2,000.

And in the past few months, I had to replace the motor and transmission in my truck to the tune of $1,500 to which I mentioned to the current manager when we were doing the new $350 loan. And my wife's car has had $2000 in repairs this past month, so I missed my Jan 27th payment and was at 34 or 35 days. But I've had a year and a half of good payments and good profit for Titlemax. (By the way, that $350 loan...I still owed $400 on)

When I saw the tow truck last night out my window, backing up to my 87 Chevy truck, my first thought was. [continued below]....
....... "I bet they have a new manager". And when I went in this morning, the customer service rep greated me and said "hi Mr Mathis, are you here to make a payment". I said, "no, I just need some info on my accounts and by the way, do you have a new manager". You should have seen his smile disappear and his solemn nod of affirmation.

So, new manager, truck repo'd...the $400 I owed is now $700 in order to get my truck back within 20 days. I hope all my tools are still in it. And I hated to get money from Titlemax to begin with because I knew I was shaking hands with the devil so to speak. It's just sad that that they came and got an 87 Chevy that I owed $400 for...with a year and a half of solid payments and solid profits for Titlemax. So ...for me...no more Titlemax business and I'll post and tell everyone I see everywhere on the internet and in the world...DO NOT DO A TITLEMAX LOAN...EVER EVER EVER NEVER! One slip....and no consideration is given for your past business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Titlemax-Franklin-TN/Franklin-Tennessee-37067/Titlemax-Franklin-TN-No-matter-how-good-of-a-customer-youve-been-BEWARE-Franklin-T-1024454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Titlemax - Franklin TN

This won't be your final repo

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I've had a year and a half of good payments"

It takes many years to build up a good credit history. One and a half years is just a grain of sand in the bucket. I predict you'll see the repo man in your driveway again.

I've led you down this path long enough..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

That you basically dug yourself a hole you can't get out of without admitting you were in the wrong and got very lucky that they made an exception for you.

You can't give me a number of days it is okay to reposes a car in your situation...because even by your own words they don't specify a minimum amount of time..so your repossession was 100% VALID.

Regardless if the manager came to your house and actually bowed down to you offering to throw themselves on a sword it doesn't take the validity of the Repo away.  Just be very lucky that the manager was nice and made an EXCEPTION for you.  But don't think that this same exception will be made if you are ever in this situation again.  And if you truly do think that, then it is really not a hard issue to figure out why you are with a Sub-Prime lender to begin with.

Out of all of your comments..this was probably the funniest.

When I saw the tow truck last night out my window, backing up to my 87 Chevy truck, my first thought was... "I bet they have a new manager"
-  Yep..people that think they are fine and haven't done anything wrong..of course just say "umm..I bet they have a new manager".

Anyways thanks for playing...please see the receptionist on your way out for your lovely parting gifts.

whew... my last response

AUTHOR: jwm_in_TN - (United States of America)

First you said "hypothetical"...then you said NOT hypothetical and used "YOUR" seven times in all caps and said this wasn't Final Jeapordy...so I responded with MY, MY, MY, MY, MY, MY, MY situation if I were the manager...so going from MY situation ... if I were the manager, I saw the same guy for a year and half, his office was just down the road from mine, the guy he works for I've done business with, etc, etc... I said I wouldn't have sent out for a pick up at 34 days (which actually was less than 30 by what the customer rep said the month before..but that's another piece of info...the tell you a promise-to-pay date but your due date doesn't change..didn't know that at the time) ... anyway, I said what I would've done.

Then you come back and ADD 45, 180, 360 and never pick up the collateral...which goes back to hypothetical which you said "this isn't Final Jeapordy, YOUR, YOUR, YOUR, YOUR, YOUR, YOUR, YOUR, situation" .... so that's how I responded.

This has all been settled anyway, I had my truck the next day, it's all good. And again, thanks to the regional manager for his kind gesture. Again, that guy DOES hold a position with a title loan company and oversees many locations ...and that was his assessment. That should tell you something. He didn't get there by making decisions that defy logic or reasoning.

Have a great day and I hope you prosper in all you do.

So just to be very clear...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

In your case if you were the manager and had to make the decision to reposes or not reposes a vehicle.  Even if the customer was 45 days delinquent, even if they were 90 days delinquent, even if they were 180 days delinquent, even if they were 365 days delinquent.  If they had a 1 1/2 year of "solid" payments history you would NOT reposes their vehicle because you feel that they have actually paid you enough.

Just to be clear, IS this what you are saying.

non-hypothetical

AUTHOR: jwm_in_TN - (United States of America)

Then I already explained it in my original post...I would not go pick up someone's vehicle who has been solid for 1 1 /2 years and I've made over 100% of my investment with the potential to have repeat business.

Question answered.

response to "boo hoo"

AUTHOR: jwm_in_TN - (United States of America)

and to "coast" with the "boo hoo" comment... I really should've just used all the money I have in my savings account ... don't know why I didn't think of that.

I'm beginning to think the only other people online here are in their early to mid 20's, just out of college...which their parents probably paid for ...and have no "real" life experience.

You might have missed my comment where I mentioned my wife didn't have a substantial full-time job for almost a year ...

Nevertheless, since the recession there is one set of businesses that have boomed from it:

Not Hypothetical

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Unless you have lied about your situation the question was not a Hypothetical one, it was a direct one based on YOUR actual situation.

Given YOUR circumstances, for YOUR car and YOUR loan.  Regardless of what they did or did not do, and when you would or would not have gotten caught up.  How many days in YOUR mind should they actually have to wait until the Reposes YOUR car?   Seriously this isn't Final Jeopardy where you have to explain Newton's laws of Motion..all you need to give is the number of days for YOUR situation.

hypothetical?

AUTHOR: jwm_in_TN - (United States of America)

We could be hypothetical all day long....but you can't give a hypothesis based on assumptions or insinuations..... for one...the contract doesn't state a "repo" time frame as you're insinuating. The vehicle is used as collateral for the loan, period. In other words, it's the decision of the lender as to whether the collateral is collected at 30 days or 45 days or 60 days or never if they choose. So to go over that part again...a contract doesn't say "we will come get your vehicle on the 31st day" ... it simply gives the lender the right to call for the collateral to satisfy the loan. At the lender's choosing or discretion. So after the due date... a manager has a decision to make. Hey, he could call for the collateral the day after the due date if he wanted.

So what you're talking about is hypothetically what I'd do if I was a manager. I'd do just what this whole entire post has been about. If I had a customer who had some old truck that's not worth $500.... he was 30 days late...but he'd never been that late before in a year and a half...AND i'd already made way more than my money back... I'd probably not send the tow truck out on that one. Now if it's someone who came in and got a loan last month, and I'm out $500 and they're 35, 45, 60 days, etc...and no payment...I'd get worried on that one cause I'd have $500 out that I hadn't made a dime off of.

All I know is that the regional manager personally called and restored everything to where it was... that says something right there my friend. I'm pretty positive he did his homework before making that call too and that he's done this for longer than you have. He saw something that you're failing to see. He didn't have to do what he did.... in fact, he had the legal right not too........... but he did. And I appreciate and respect the gesture greatly!

You never answered the question

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

What if you run into this situation again, remembering that you were already 34 or 35 days delinquent this time.

Just how many days late should they allow you to go before they repossess your truck.  Or to put it in a way you may be able to understand, after how many days does your "past history" no longer matter?  36 days, 45 days, 60 days, 6 months, or should they never be able to reposes your truck?

boo hoo

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Why didn't you use a credit card to pay for the auto repairs? Is it because you would prefer to pay high subprime interest rates instead using of a low interest credit card? Yeah, that's it.

you don't know everything Robert

Robert in Irvine,

Interesting...you're not a Titlemax employee, former employee nor do you ever get titles loans...leaves me wondering why you even trolled by. Except that you're probably under 30 which would explain the know-it-all vibe you have. with the "gold star" reference and "2 year old" perhaps you're still mad at your daycare experience in life or grade school because no one likes a know-it-all. You were probably the kid that played like the "police" if red rover or tag wasn't being played "correctly".

Not that I have to explain myself to you but maybe to give you some insight into life and the country in which you live ... stuff happens to people. My wife has a bachelors degree, a paralegal certification and great job experience. But in a down economy ...she went 9 months without a job a two years back. You'd be surprised what that'll do to a middle class family, living in a nice suburb of America, with nice credit such as yourself. It'll change your life brother ..you realize how people can go from job, house and car one day...to worry about living in a homeless shelter.

So, to recap....you're not a Titlemax employee, you'll never get a loan there, you're not on my loan (I checked the paperwork) ... so to give a great quote for your vast knowledge you already have... "a man doesn't need an opinion where he has no responsibility"

Titlemax ... some people do care.

AUTHOR: jwm_in_TN - (United States of America)

I received a call from the regional manager today, we had a good conversation, he expressed that they he reviewed my account history with them and stated they do care about retaining good customers. He also expressed that the manager is new and realizes he didn't have the relationship or personal knowledge the previous manager did. All that to say.... he allowed me to come make my payment, returned my truck to me, waived ALL fees...and my balance is as if none of this ever happened.

Very impressed at the gesture! Thanks Mr Frank!

Question

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Where in your loan agreement does it say you earn a "Gold Star" for doing what you were supposed to be doing..paying back in your loan?  While you are at it where does it say that once you make a few payments on time you they must allow you to miss a payment or two.

Let me guess..neither of those statements are anywhere in the documents you signed.

so I missed my Jan 27th payment and was at 34 or 35 days
- Actually if you are at 34 or 35 days..you missed more than just that one payment.

DO NOT DO A TITLEMAX LOAN...EVER EVER EVER NEVER!
- You sound like a 2 year old having a temper tantrum.  Interesting how you didn't have a problem with them when you went for a 2nd time to borrow the money.  Only when you failed to fulfill your obligation do they all of the sudden become "evil" and now no one should use them.

One slip....and no consideration is given for your past business.
- Actually they did give you consideration.  They gave you 34 or 35 days before they decided to reposes your truck.  How many days late should they have let you get before they repossessed it?

Oh and by the way..no I do not work for them.  No I would never get a loan from them.  But not because of your report.  But because I am not a Sub-Prime borrower who has screwed up their credit to where these type of places are the only ones left who will take a risk on allowing you to borrow the money.

soap