Complaint Review: Titlemax

• Submitted: Sun, July 29, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, July 29, 2007

• Reported By:Tifton Georgia
Titlemax
319 7th Street Tifton, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 229-386-8081
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Titlemax, Major Ripoff Artists & Persistent Harrassment Ripoffs, Harrassment, Unfair Collection Tactics, Rude, Illegal? Tifton Georgia

Hi, I'm Theresa from Tifton, GA. In desperate times I took out a small loan at Titlemax for 1300.00 on my car title. For over a year I have made payments of 140.00 or more and they say I still owe them nearly 1400.00. I believe this must be illegal and unfair and need to know if there is any way I can get back my title legally. A couple payments have been late, but they have received them and charged late charges. I am now sick and cannot work and my husband's income is the only income we have in the home. We are really struggling to pay our bills and I am in fear of losing my vehicle.

These people will call my family members and harrass them when they cannot reach me after I have asked them to "please" not call my family. They don't care. I was told by a friend that Titlemax was banned from the state of Florida for their illegal tactics. Does anyone know where I can find out if this is true? And can anyone tell me if I have any legal recourse? Thanks, Theresa

Trese
Tifton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2007 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Titlemax/Tifton-Georgia-31794/Titlemax-Major-Ripoff-Artists-Persistent-Harrassment-Ripoffs-Harrassment-Unfair-Colle-264005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Titlemax