Complaint Review: Tivo Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, April 24, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, April 24, 2010

• Reported By: Alan — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Tivo Inc.
2160 Gold Street Alviso, California United States of America

Tivo Inc. Invents a Bogus Contract and Charged Me $99.50 for Service to a Broken DVR Alviso California

I'm writing this because I have just been victimized by a singularly obnoxious rip-off. Tivo makes a nice DVR. They have some good features that the cable company boxes don't have. I have been a customer since 2004, when I bought 2 single channel boxes and a year of service. After 2 years, one failed and I replaced it with a dual tuner version. Due to frequent moves and financial considerations, we have had to have the service interrupted several times over the past 5 years. Last month the remaining single channel box failed. I deactivated the service, thinking that I would buy a new HD version when our finances permit.

Today Tivo charged my debit card $99.50 for the remainder of a one year "commitment" that I never knowingly entered into. Apparently the Terms and Conditions that I had clicked on included a new provision "committing" me to pay for a service to a broken device. I discussed this with a representative and her supervisor. They were adamant that I owed them nearly $100 for service that I cannot use and they would not reverse the charges.

Do not deal with this company. They cannot be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2010 12:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tivo-Inc/Alviso-California-95002-2160/Tivo-Inc-Invents-a-Bogus-Contract-and-Charged-Me-9950-for-Service-to-a-Broken-DVR-Alvi-596073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tivo Inc.