Complaint Review: Tivoli Apartments

Tivoli Apartments
4295 Sunbeam Rd., Jacksonville, Florida USA

Tivoli Apartments Bait and Switch Jacksonville Florida

*Author of original report: Tivoli Apartments Update

*Author of original report: To you!

*General Comment: Ugggggh

I went to Tivoli Apartments on Wednesday, April 24,2013 to look at an apartment that was listed on Craigslist. The ad stated it was a 1 bedroom and 1 bath for $550 per month water included. When I arrived, I was treated nicely and was shown a "Demo" apartment that they have fixed up on the premises. I liked it and was offered another package different than what is listed above. I was told I could rent the 1/1bb and include the electricity for $675 a month. I took it. I told them I wasn't going to move until June 1,2013. I was told okay and Bosha Buckley,(the girl attending me) said she would call me in a couple of days to set up a walk through. Two weeks went by and I never received a call. I called the apartment office on May 1,2013 and spoke to the office manager, Diane. She told me Bosha was not in but that she would give her the message to call me the next day, then I asked her what the apartment # was and she told me 704, that I would like the apartment because the whole building was newly renovated and that everything in it was practically new!  Diane then said that I didn't have to wait until June 1st. to move, she said I could move in sooner at no extra charge. I thought about it and decided to drive over and tell them that I would like to move sooner on the 24th due to it being a long weekend.

This time Megan McElfresh help me, told me Bosha wasn't doing what she was supposed to and she would take over my file. Megan told me okay, and that they would have the apartment ready for me to move in.  I went by to see if I could do the walk through and they said no because the apartment was not ready and couldn't let me see it in the condition it was in. I was told that the apartment would be ready by the weekend. I called on Friday, May 24th because Megan never told me when to pick up the keys. I was told by Bosha that I could pick them up anytime. I went during my lunch to get the keys and they were not ready. I sat there for an hour waiting then I had to leave to get back to work and Diane  said I could pick them up then. I went after work again to get the keys and Megan just handed them to me and didn't say anything. I went to apartment 704 and the keys would not work, so I walked back to the office and Diane was already gone, Megan and Bosha were locking things up and I asked where the apartment was because the keys didn't work at the one I had gone to. I was told it was apartment 302 right across the way. I went to look at it confused as to why I was being put in 302.

I know why they tried to put me into apartment 302 when I saw it. I wouldn't put a dead dog in that apartement! I took plenty of pictures of the place. The door frame and the door looks like it has been kicked in several times, so it doesn't look safe at all, the apartment stinks the stove and sink were dirty, the old refridgerator has the light bulb hanging half way down, and to top it off, the air condition was broken.  When I walked back to the office it was already closedand the girls were gone, I looked at my phone to see what time it was and it was only 5:45, the office sign says they close at 6.

Not once was I told I was being put into another apartment, even when I was handed the keys. I wasn't told anything, they never wanted to walk me through the apartment they made excuse after excuse as to why they could not walk the apartment with me and now I see why. I have already given them my deposit of $199.00 and still have not been able to move in. I went on Saturday morning and spoke with Bosha again and told her that I was not moving into 302 as it was a rat hole. I was told I was getting apartment 704 and that not once was I told any different, not even when I was handed the keys. She told me that I was in a hurry to move in so they had to change me to a different apartment. I said I was not taking it. She said she would go see what 704 still needed and would call me on Monday morning. I told her it was Memorial day and that they were closed. she said she would be in and call me at 9. She never called the office is closed and I still am unable to move. I took pictures of apartment 704 through the window as the blinds are open and I don't see anything wrong with it, but they keep telling me it's not ready. I have been lied to since day one and all I want now is my deposit back because I now don't trust anything they have to say to me.

I feel this BAIT AND SWITCH was done to me because I am hispanic, they thought I was going to take apartment 302 and not say anything. What they tried to do to me is illegal and this problem needs to be addressed. I want the apartment that I was told I was getting or my deposit back and I have given them more than enough time to get it ready for me. June 1st. is right around the corner and I still am unable to move in.

This was a BAIT AND SWITCH  tacktic that went wrong on them as they have messed with the wrong person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2013 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tivoli-Apartments/Jacksonville-Florida-32257/Tivoli-Apartments-Bait-and-Switch-Jacksonville-Florida-1054130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tivoli Apartments

AUTHOR: Pitie109 - ()

Well, today is Thursday, June 20,2013. I am now in the apartment and have been since the first of June. My front window is still broken, I can't use the patio because I still cannot open the sliding doors, and my kitchen sinks still leaks.

It's all good because I go into the office every other day and ask when all these things will be fixed and they keep telling me, "the repair guys are here making their rounds, so it will be either today or tomorrow!"  I hear the same thing everytime I go in there! It's funny now because I still have no lease as they have forgotten to get me to sign one. I wonder...oh well, I did start looking for another place and will be moving soon and say good bye to this place unless they decide to suddenly fix something, NOT!

I think that if they want to keep me as a tenant then they need to lower my rent especially if they don't plan on fixing anything that is wrong with the apartment. I would be happy paying $575 a month instead of $675 if they are willing and I will never again mention what lousy place this is when it comes to getting something fixed! I won't even mention it on Facebook or Craigslist! how about it guys?

AUTHOR: Pitie109 - ()

I just arrived home from the apartment complex. I went to speak with Diane, the office manager. I told her that I wanted to see apartment 704 because I was told that it needed work, carpet replaced and walls needed painting. Today she told me that it was infested with fleas. I did remain calm and said that I am being told different stories everytime I bring up that apartment. I want to see it for myself so they could prove to me that it's not ready. She said that she would walk me through it on Thursday and that she would hand me the keys to move in on Friday. I was also told that because I have been calm and professional about it that she would knock $75 off July's rent payment. I told her that I would wait until Thursday and would be there at 3 p.m. and someone better be there ready to walk the apartment with me. I told her I don't believe in yelling or cussing even though I wanted to because I am being told so many different stories everytime I talk with anyone in that office. I said I will trust them this last time, but if they don't come through with their promises, I will have to call my local news station, my attorney, the BBB and their corporate office. Diane has promised me that my apartment will be ready and if for some reason I do not like it, she will make sure that she has another one for me to look at if I decide I do not want it. So for now, I am trusting them once again. I will wait to see what happens.

AUTHOR: Pitie109 - ()

Today is June 12,2013. I moved in on June 1st. I still have no lease signed, no mailbox key, and nothing in the apartment, like my front window, sliding doors, and the kitchen sink were never fixed.

I have received a package in the mail that was delivered to the office, so I am now considered a  resident. The corporate office is doing some sort of inspection for the next three days. I figure if nothing is fixed by Monday, then I will just pack up and leave. I haven't signed a lease so it will be their loss and not mine. I hate to do it but they will leave me no choice if they do not fix everything they said they were going to fix.

To you!

AUTHOR: Pitie109 - ()

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even you. Just because no one has treated you this way because you are white which is very easy for you to stand there and say that we all cry out that people are being racist, because NO ONE WILL EVER TREAT YOU THIS WAY BECAUSE YOU ARE WHITE, NOT TO MENTION STUPID!

#5 General Comment

Ugggggh

AUTHOR: karmasabitch - ()

Why is it, anytime something goes wrong in someones life, it always comes down to " It's because I was black or brown or green".  You were tricked. Period. I am white and have been screwed over by people of all races but not have said it's because I'm white. Stop playing the race card and just deal with the situation as a human.

I suppose you now think I'm picking on you because your Hispanic. (Rolling eyes)