Complaint Review: Tmobile

• Updated: Thu, September 18, 2008

• Reported By:Detroit Michigan
Tmobile
Tmobile.com Internet U.S.A.

Tmobile Rebate - IMEI not correct coming straight off the box! Young America Internet

*UPDATE Employee: just a suggestion

MY daughter went to Ohio to work for the summer. She bought Tmobile phones so we could keep in contact. I'm unable to work been waiting on disability. We have no income coming in now. Tmobile told her she had a rebate of fifty dollars on each phone. She applied, we cut the information right off the box and sent it with the rebate papers we filled in. Didn't want any mishaps. Yet they told us the IMEI number was wrong. I was told how to get it off the phone itself, so I did and sent that number and was told it was wrong. It was what was on the box and on the phone how could it be wrong? Smells like a scam to me and it sticks to high heaven. I think this is a rip off. Anyone else been through this?

Lady_ y
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2008 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tmobile/internet/Tmobile-Rebate-IMEI-not-correct-coming-straight-off-the-box-Young-America-Internet-369037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tmobile

just a suggestion

AUTHOR: Concerned Rep - (U.S.A.)

What I would suggest for you to do ma'am is have your daughter add you as an authorized user on the account (simply by calling in - this gives you permission to speak with us regarding the account and you still need her password/last 4 of ssn) then ask to speak with the rebates department. When you get transferred press 1 for english when prompted then press the number "0" to speak with a representative. Explain to her the circumstance and they will definitely look into it for you and get them sent out. The other option is to explain it to the representative of T-mobile and ask them to call the rebate center for you. I have had to speak with them directly many times but they are mostly helpful and get it taken care of!

So you have the cell phone available call from another phone to 1-800-937-8997 :)

I'm sorry you've had this inconvenience but please don't lose faith we are mostly good people and try to help as much as possible :)

Administrative