• Report: #319830

• Submitted: Thu, March 20, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:Ventura California
To Go Consulting
4009 Bridgeport Way, Suite F-2, University Place, Washington U.S.A.

To Go Consulting Group, Took my money and gave me no service for it. Univeristy Place, Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: We got scammed too by the Travel To Go scheme - BUT GOT OUR MONEY BACK

*Consumer Comment: legal response

*Consumer Comment: Also was duped by To go Consulting

*Consumer Comment: we were taken too

*Author of original report: To Go Consulting Group/Travel To Go (Arjons Drive, San Diego)/Stay away from these scammers!

*Consumer Comment: Questions for Dave

*Author of original report: To Go Consulting LLC University Place, WA along with Travel to Go, San Diego took my money and gave no Travel service for it.

My wife and I received a Free Cruise invitation and we attended a a To Go Consulting, LLC presentation in February 2007. They were selling Travel to Go Lifetime memberships. They started off at $7500 but dropped it down to $3500 when I challenged them. It sounded like a good Deal and we got suckered in unfortunately. With the add on cruise fees to Travel To Go of San Diego, we lost $4287.00 to these scammers. We have researched both To Go Consulting, LLC and Travel to go of San Diego in depth and will share this information with someone (lawyer, reporter or police official) who can help us bag these bozos.

We have tried locally filing a police report but the county mounties here say it is a civil matter and will not touch the case. We are presently seeking legal action against Travel to Go and would like others assistance in making this a class action suit against both companies; Travel to Go and To Go Consulting. If someone can help, contact this website and leave your rebuttal.

DAR
Ventura, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2008 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/To-Go-Consulting/University-Place-Washington-98466/To-Go-Consulting-Group-Took-my-money-and-gave-me-no-service-for-it-Univeristy-Place-Was-319830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on To Go Consulting

#1 Consumer Suggestion

We got scammed too by the Travel To Go scheme - BUT GOT OUR MONEY BACK

AUTHOR: M&m - (U.S.A.)

We tried everything under the sun to get our money back. Ultimately we called our credit card company and challenged the charge. Once they looked the vendor up (Travel To Go) the service agent vere very joyful and the agent seemed confident that we would get our money back.

All we had to do was fill out a form and send a couple of letters to Travel To Go and we quickly received the full amount paid. Thank god we paid by credit card.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

We got scammed too by the Travel To Go scheme - BUT GOT OUR MONEY BACK

AUTHOR: M&m - (U.S.A.)

We tried everything under the sun to get our money back. Ultimately we called our credit card company and challenged the charge. Once they looked the vendor up (Travel To Go) they vere very joyful and the agent seemed confident that we would get our money back.

We had to fill out a form and send a couple of letters and we quickly received the full amount paid.

Thanks god we paid by credit card.

legal response

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I also got ripped off by To Go Consulting, and if someone is taking legal action against them to get refunded for the huge membership fee, I would like to participate!

Also was duped by To go Consulting

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Hi, My wife and I were taken in by To Go Consulting. We paid approx. $2600 and have found that the they offered mis-leading and un-true information in their presentation to us. They said that they could get much lower international airfare rates that we could find on the internet. I found three different lower rates of travel to and from the same airports on the same day of travel over the internet on sites such as 'Expedia' than Vacation Travel Club offered. We also tried to secure a discounted hotel in two different cities and they could not find a lower price than what is normally offered. What is the purpose of the club? TGC mis-represented the facts. We have sent letter asking for our money returned because the 'verbal contract' was not honored.
They have refused.
Paul

we were taken too

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

Paula, we have filed complaints with the Attorney General and BBB in NJ and CA.
The BBB was no help what-so -ever!
The Attorney General is trying .....
What else did you do to get your $$$ back? Should we hire a lawyer?
Actually, I came across a lawyer who was also taken.... maybe when she sees all the "ripoff reports" she'll work WITH me to get to the bottom of this.
ANY help will be greatly appreciated.
They got $4794 from us (credit card) and they tried to get our timeshare week deeded over to them but we were able to STOP that transaction.
Thanks for any information you can shed on all this.
Larry

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

To Go Consulting Group and Travel To Go (Arjons Drive, San Diego)/Stay away from these scammers! Whether under or using any shell company name, be wary of these companies. They use shell company names that keep changing. Travel To Go (under name JB&T Enterprises now defunct as of 2005-2006) has been sued before for sending unsolicited blast faxes (advertising their free cruises) and seems to only be recently (Since 2005-2006) using To Go Consulting Group to sell their memberships. They now go by alises of Skye Travel, Travel To Go and Easy Line Nine. For To Go Consulting Group, they charge your credit card for membership business to "To Go Travel" which is located in Tacoma, Washington. A check of the business license for "To Go Travel" in Washington gives also the name "Travel To Go" as an alias.

These two work hand in hand and although the pricy membership may sound good for what you think you can get return, you need to ignore it and run out the door quickly! READ THE CONTRACT CLOSELY! The contract is slanted only one way; to their pockets only. They give you only three days to back out of the deal and often do not give you enough information to make an informed decision. When you call with questions (which you will have), they work on you via phone and other ways to keep you in the deal. They lied to my wife when we called them with questions and delayed getting information to us.
1) They will promise you a complimentary cruise but just try to cash it in. They will charge you $299.00/person plus a cruise deposit $100.00 as good faith offer and then hold onto it. Check the prices for other cruises with AAA for an entry level cabin (with bunk beds not an inside state room as they advertise in the To Go Presentation). You are actually paying almost full price for an entry level cabin. Check with AAA if you do not believe me.
2) The membership that you pay whether it be $3000 to $7500 will only be lost to them as it is delay, delay and more delay until you are so frustrated you give up and refuse to pay any further yearly membership fees. Then the contract kicks in and you lose all that you put into the deal. You have only three days to get out of the deal (Right of recession) and they will it even them difficult for you do do so even then. This is the scam.

Unfortunately we found this all out too late. Only a class action lawsuit against these scammers will force them into the open and it looks like it must be done in US District Court as these scammers have all the angles on the various state laws they work around.

AUTHOR: Melrieksts - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted more information on how it was a rip off. Did the money you paid for not result in a membership to the Travel to Go company?

We recently attended one of To Go Consulting's seminars and purchased the $3000 membership for "Vacation Travel Club" not "Travel To Go". If the money we paid actually grants us access to this travel club we totally want to use it, but if our money just disappears into thin air we will want to pursue action along with you. They haven't charged out cc yet. We just attended on Thursday so we have time to freeze the card if needed.

If you could please get back to me with more information on what happened I would greatly appreciate it.

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

To Go Consulting LLC University Place, WA with Travel to Go, San Diego took my money and gave no Travel service for it. Agents of Service for To Go Consulting is Mark Stanfield and Travel to Go/Skye Travel (Easy Line Nine) is Timothy L. Rinker. Contact us and join us if you have lost your money to them. Will provide further info if you make rebuttal and are legitimate.