Complaint Review: Tobacco and Phones 4 Less

• Reported By: kfitzgerald3 — omaha Nebraska United States of America
Tobacco and Phones 4 Less
Saddle Creek and California Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Tobacco and Phones 4 Less rip-off, stealing, cricket Omaha, Nebraska

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: dealers don't play by the same rules as cricket

Tobacco and phones 4 less stole from me. On November 9, 2010, I went in to the location on saddle creek and california and gave them 74.00 and some change to separate the two numbers on my account into two different accounts and pay off my half of the phone bill. They told me I had to come back two days later to pay off the other half of the bill. When I returned the following monday, they told me they had not received the $74.00 payment. The night before I had thrown away the reciept and they said without a reciept there was nothing they could do. They laughed and told me that the guy who took the payment was out of the country and refused to tell me his name. The next morning, me and the other person who was on the account went back to Tobacco and Phones 4 Less and paid off the account again, the full 97.00 this time. I asked if I brung in the bank statement saying I made the 74.00 dollar payment if they would reimburse me. They said that they would. I came back two days later with the bank statement. They would not reimburse me and they printed off a copy of their payment history on the account. It stated that I came in early in the morning on Nov. 9 and paid off the bill in full (I actually came in around 5 or 6 p.m. and paid only $74.00). They had no record of the other transactions that were made. They could have gotten away with saying it was just a missed payment until they tried to cover up their tracks. They said I had to take it to the cricket store. So I went to the cricket store on 89th and Dodge. They told me that there was nothing they could do because I could have spent that money on anything, such as gas or alcohol. I called Tobacco and Phones and asked to speak with the store manager, a guy named Boris. As I was telling him about the situation, he hung up on me. I called back and asked if there was a corporate headquarters and I was told that there was not. I looked on the internet and found that there was a corporate headquaters. It is a Saturday night right now but my next step will be to call corporate headquarters first thing Monday morning. I'm worndering if they're in on it or if they will resolve the problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2010 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tobacco-and-Phones-4-Less/Omaha-Nebraska-68104/Tobacco-and-Phones-4-Less-rip-off-stealing-cricket-Omaha-Nebraska-661660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tobacco and Phones 4 Less

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

dealers don't play by the same rules as cricket

AUTHOR: i<3cellphones - (Canada)

I understand that this is frustrating but you also have to think of from Cricket's end as well. They aren't going to refund your money for you if you have no proof you made a payment, that's just not logical.

Now being told that you had to pay the bill in two parts is wrong on the dealer's end...but that's just it, they are a dealer. They just sell the equipment and make commission off it, the employees at the Cricket Corporate Stores do not make commission.So the dealer's don't play by the same rules as Cricket.

Being an ex-employee I know how exactly what you are thinking.."why doesn't Cricket just pull their product from the dealers?" and all of us who work there or use to work there don't think that any products of any kind,especially cell phones or electronics should be sold outside of the corporate owned stores.

So basically, what I'm saying is not only to you, but to all people who are with Cricket or are thinking of going with Cricket,to ONLY deal within the corporate owned stores.If it doesn't say Cricket on the front, than it isn't a corporate store.