- Report: #1155516
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Today's MatchMaker
Today's MatchMakerNationwide USA
Today's MatchMaker California Singles, California-Singles, California Singles of Santa Rosa STAY FAR, FAR AWAY! Santa Rosa, California Nationwide -
*Author of original report: Would remove report - settled amicably
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I signed up for this service in February, I paid $3500 for 12 "men" over the course of 12 months; one a month. Karen interviewed me. I had 3 days to resind the contract and seriously thought about it however, the reviews on them had not started. They seem to have started the Santa Rosa office within about the last 5-6 months. There were plenty of other reviews, but because they go by so many different names, their parent company is from Oaklahoma under Today's MatchMakers, I couldn't find what I can now. Stupid me.
I'm not going to get into all of the issues; there are a lot. They only communicate via phone, that's so they don't have any documentation. Their contract basically says you have to be dead or dismembered to get out of it, yet they failed to perform, miserably, and still have $2250 of my money. I'm filing small claims, Yelp, Better Business, etc., as I cannot fathom how a company can sign you up and then fail so miserably. Here are just a few examples:
1. Guy one - first guy is already older than my criteria. Was told he was a "wine consultant", not, he's been in the receiving department of a local winery for 35 years in the same job. Showed up late, bored me to tears, and they say I said I'd see him again; NO, did not say that, ever. I have 2 long phone calls reiterating what I was looking for.
2. Guy two - like the guy, he's very kind and genuine. This is not his fault, but he tells me quickly that he hasn't paid a dime, not a cent for the service, AND they send him on dates, all the time. Really. He's shocked when I tell him how much I've paid. And, he's out on disability after crushing his pelvis. I feel really badly for him, but I would run him ragged. I was so clear that I run hard and work a lot; he deserves someone more in line with his lovely retired life; not someone that is gone all day.
3. I'm promised some make ups in quick order. They know they haven't done their job, so the now 3rd matchmaker tells me she'll have a new gentlemen shortly. I'm leaving on vacation 4/27 so on 4/21 I call in to tell them I'm leaving and is she working on something per our conversation. I tell them I'll be gone for a week. No call back and 6 days later I leave; only to get several phone calls while gone and rude emails! Really.
4. It completely goes down hill fast, Marie, the used car sales matchmaker is yelling at me. My card had been lost and their transaction didn't clear two days before I get home. She clearly later tells me she had the vacation message, yet badgered me on phone calls while I was out of the Country. I've now completely lost all faith in this company and it's just gone bad from there. They apparently do not have the same number of men as they do women, although they say they do. The stated that they sent me two more matches, NOT, nothing. They told me that they were going to renogitaion the contract to make sure I'm happy and send new matches within 2 days, nothing; day 3 I say egg on your face and now they're coming at me with the big guns.
I will be filing more reports on Yelp, the BBB and a small claims action. Do NOT BE FOOOLED. Just pay $30 on match,com, you'll fair far better. This company does not care at all about who you are. I was actually told by Marie, "I've had a chance to look at your information and pictures in detail" REALLY! That was 70 days in! Run fast, do not sign, if you signed, resind in writing within 3 days; save yourself the money, unless of course you're one of the ones they don't charge, and then enjoy! If it was free, I'd still pass though.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2014 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Todays-MatchMaker/nationwide/Todays-MatchMaker-California-Singles-California-Singles-California-Singles-of-Santa-Ro-1155516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.