- Report: #409493
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Todd Ash, Ash Industries, Advertisingandselling, Hydrogen Operated
Todd Ash, Ash Industries, Advertisingandselling, Hydrogen Operatedwww.advertisingandselling.net Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.
Todd Ash, Ash Industries, Advertisingandselling, Hydrogen Operated More on scam artist Todd Ash of Tucson, Arizona (Ash's post above is pure nonsense) Tucson Arizona
*Author of original report: More on Todd Ash's scams - advertisingandselling and hydrogenoperated
*Consumer Comment: Chris Pearce Is A Scammer |Chris Pearce|CHRIS PEARCE
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
In contrast to the complete lack of evidence that I have ripped anyone off on the web (how could there be any evidence? I have no website and no web business), there is plenty of evidence that Todd Ash is ripping people off (see, for example, http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/350/RipOff0350382.htm and (((ROR REDACTED))). Todd Ash has been saying since mid 2008 that advertisingandselling has been sold, at one stage saying it was sold for $5.5 million and that the sale was covered in Forbes (which it wasn't). I still don't believe it has been sold. If you go to www.whois, you'll find that advertisingandselling.com, .net, etc are now registered under domainsbyproxy.com of 15111 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, Arizona (rather than under Todd Ash's name and address). The way this works is that the owner of a website can have it registered in the name of Domains by Proxy, so that the owner's details aren't made public. I think Todd Ash has simply transferred the registration while retaining ownership. When you Google the Scottsdale address, you come up with all sorts of businesses, including many postings by people who seem to have been ripped off by some of them. It seems that Domains By Proxy could be a bit of a haunt for dodgy businesses and programs. Further, advertisingandselling is still for sale through godaddy for $50,000, with the same blurb of Todd Ash's as before, but with a new end date of 2 April 2009 (((ROR REDACTED))). Earlier he was trying to sell it through eBay for various amounts in the millions. I don't believe anyone in their right mind will buy advertisingandselling for any amount of money - it's a scam and would be worth nothing (see (((ROR REDACTED)))
Todd Ash of Tucson, Arizona also runs a thing called Hydrogen Operated (see http://www.hydrogenoperated.com). Whois still includes Todd Ash's details for this one. See (((ROR REDACTED))) for some interesting comments on the dodgy nature of the product itself; Todd Ash falsely represents himself as a consumer at that site too, as Billionaire and as Dr.HHO.phd. I've had a close look at the site itself and make the following observations:
- When you Google the phone number at the top of the home page (1 877 476 9172), you not only find that website, but also a whole bunch of other sites offering a reverse funnel system free phone consultation with Todd Ash, some of which include his home videos. Thus this business has no separate phone number, but shares one with an MLM related scheme of Ash's.
- Scroll down and you see a photo of a nice factory or workshop. But somehow it doesn't look right. It looks like it's sitting on the back of a platform, with a background of virgin bush that just doesn't look real. The brickwork is fuzzy, yet the business name is quite clear. Also, the camera is not looking at that part of the building front-on but at an angle of perhaps about 45 degrees. The letters of the business name should therefore be much thinner in appearance at this angle. Thus it looks like the name has been added to the picture. The two trees either side of the front door don't look real either; their edges are too sharp and they're a funny unnatural shape. These may have been added in too.
- There is some funny smudgy stuff around the Think Green sign too. "Think Green" is actually a registered trademark of an organisation called Waste Management (see http://www.thinkgreen.com). Todd Ash might be committing trademark infringement here and may need to check this out.
- The photo just below it, of the inside, shows two large doors next to each other that can only be at the back of the building, but the outside shot doesn't seem to show a way of getting round there; it may have been erased to allow for the bush background. Further the business name on the wall of the inside photo is clearly crooked, running downhill, and the pattern on the wall looks fuzzy around this area. Thus it looks like the name might have been added to this photo too.
- What's more there's no address given for this building, and no address given anywhere on the website. A search of the Arizona Corporation Commission gives two addresses for Hydrogen Operated LLC: a residential one and an agent/physical address. Google Street View shows that the latter is in a busy commercial district in Tucson and is nothing like the website photo, so this must be an agent address. Thus no physical address is given anywhere. It's all quite deceptive. (By the way, Todd Ash is listed as a "member".)
- Most of the purchase agreement is the same as that of the Internet Law Compliance centre, word for word, and I'm checking with them to see that Todd Ash has sought and obtained permission to use it.
- Todd Ash boasts of thousands of customers from over 90 countries (neither of which I can believe; I doubt he has sold more than 1 or 2 of these things). You have to order through Paypal and receive a kit in the mail. The whole thing just doesn't add up. I wonder if Todd Ash just buys these kits from somewhere and onsells them for a profit, all done from the back room at home.
- Despite all this, Todd Ash has had the cheek to register with Honeste Online (see honesteonlinehttp://www.honesteonline.com/members/consumerpage.php?company=2164&link=2834). They obviously don't check things out too well.
Further, the site http://www.toddash.com/wordpress/ includes something called the 10x10x4 Marketing Method. I'd probably avoid it; I certainly wouldn't pay any money. This page also includes a link to Todd Ash's www.advertisingandselling.com and also www.hydrogenoperated.com. The site http://www.toddash.com/ currently advertises a "State Of The Art Marketing Program That Will Blow The Doors Off Of The Internet Business Industry And Will Crush The Competition!" due to be released on 1 February 2009. I would regard this as dodgy but we'll see. Personally, I would steer clear of anything run by Todd Ash. He has proven himself to be a blatant scammer, incorrigible liar, nasty fellow, full of nonsense, and not very bright.
I also suspect Todd Ash might have arranged for a whole pile of spam emails to be sent my way and I'm investigating this. (These come straight into my antispam folder, so they don't get in the way at all and are quick and easy to delete.)
I look forward to the next hilarious post from Todd Ash. But before he posts again, he should perhaps keep in mind that he is the one trying to make a living from the web; I'm not. His crazy posts make no difference to me. Todd, get yourself a proper job!
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 06:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Todd-Ash-Ash-Industries-Advertisingandselling-Hydrogen-Operated/Tucson-Arizona/Todd-Ash-Ash-Industries-Advertisingandselling-Hydrogen-Operated-More-on-scam-artist-Tod-409493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.