Complaint Review: Todd Bennett

• Updated: Fri, February 21, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — sandiego California
Todd Bennett
, Select State/Province USA

Todd Bennett Tried to get me to pay the fedex fee to his "rep" for a check he supposedly sent. U.K.

I was on Odesk and received a interview offer from Todd Bennett I didn't apply to this job which should have been a red flag but I accepted the interview which was an instant mesaage interview and that should have been my second red flag but I took the job. This job was suppose to be for acompany out of the U.K. called Phoenix Group. I started having weird feelings that I might be getting scammed so I started doing research and found a number of complaints about him. I sent him an instant message last night and said I didn't want the job. This morning he messaged me back and said that I had to pay the fedex fee to the Rep he gave me and if I didn't he would ha e me arrested and put in jail.

I said that if he really sent the check then I would pay fedex directly but not his Rep and he got very angry and said that everyone close to me would be arrested and prosecuted too. I told him if he wasn't trying to scam me there would be no problem with me paying fedex directly and sending his check back. He then said if I was wise I would pay the money to his Rep. I then called the BBB and the lady I talked to told me he couldn't do anything and if he sent the check then send it back and report him to the postal inspector.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Todd-Bennett-/Select-StateProvince/Todd-Bennett-Tried-to-get-me-to-pay-the-fedex-fee-to-his-rep-for-a-check-he-supposedly-1125350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Todd Bennett