Complaint Review: Todd McCartney, Wholesale Merchant Services, Wholesale Merchant Processing

• Submitted: Sun, February 22, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 19, 2011

• Reported By:Beaverton Oregon
Todd McCartney, Wholesale Merchant Services, Wholesale Merchant Processing
9640 SW Sunshine Ct Ste 200, Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

Todd McCartney, Wholesale Merchant Services, Wholesale Merchant Processing - 27 AG Complaints and counting, Being Investigated by Oregon Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission Beaverton Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Resolution, finally

*Consumer Comment: Concern for Customers

*UPDATE Employee: Wholesale Merchant Processing is an honest company dedicated to Customer Service

Wholesale Merchant Services, Wholesale Merchant Processing - Not what small business needs in the recession!

FEATURED AS THE "ROGUE OF THE WEEK" BUSINESS - New article story straight from Portland, Oregon's news weekly, Williamette Week

With 27 complaints filed with Oregon's attorney general since 2002 against Wholesale Merchant Processing, the company that sells and leases credit- and debit-card machines makes for a slam-dunk Rogue.

We know this company, says Jan Margosian, consumer-information coordinator for the AG's office. Twenty-seven complaints is a lot. That's why we referred it to the Federal Trade Commission.

Charles Harwood, the FTC's Northwest regional director, said his office couldn't comment until it takes action or releases its findings on a case. The state referred the cases to the FTC last year.

Concerned Consumer
Beaverton, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2009 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Todd-McCartney-Wholesale-Merchant-Services-Wholesale-Merchant-Processing/Beaverton-Oregon-97005/Todd-McCartney-Wholesale-Merchant-Services-Wholesale-Merchant-Processing-27-AG-Complai-427306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Todd McCartney, Wholesale Merchant Services, Wholesale Merchant Processing

Resolution, finally

AUTHOR: vh2q - (United States of America)

Erik Anthony of WMP called me in response to my last and final attempt to straighten out the issues between us. He seemed sincere so I went through the litany one more time. Today, the company promised to refund the charges for "Vital Service Calls" $15x3, as well as a long list of "PCI" charges that have piled up (amounting to over $350) even though I have taken the PCI survey twice.  So assuming that the refund appears on my next statement (it has happened before that refunds were promised but never paid), the matters between us are now settled.

Concern for Customers

AUTHOR: vh2q - (United States of America)

Really Carlos? I have been waiting for monthsfor a refund for the three $15 (3x$15=$45)charges on my statementfor"Vital Calls"Ranny had to make to straighten out the mess your company made of my account ("someone" changeda digit in my Vital profile apparently), causing severalVisa/MC card payments thatprocessed correctly through authorize.net, mysteriously failing to credit to mybank account.When I called your customer service people (I think it was Eric), I was promised a refund, but nothing was done.Your employee Joel subsequentlytold me that you would not reverse these charges. After I wrote a letter, your employee John Miller then promised toreverse these charges andlaterchanged his mind.Your president, Todd McCartney ignores letters regarding these chargessent by registered mail. Same withScott Hugulett, henever responds to letters, and he is VP of Sales!.Your vice president, joshw@wmp.com ignores emails requesting the name of your agent for service of process. And you know, this is not the first time your company has failed to deposit moneys to my bank account. Remember the 6 AMEX transactions that disappeared into a black hole, one of which could never be recovered as the card had expired? I remember that well. Especially the conversation with Todd McCartney where his major concern was that if he refunded the missing $400 odd, he would "lose money on this account". By inference, it's OK for me to lose $400 due to your omissions? That right there sums up your "concern" for customers.

Now let's talk about PCI compliance fees. Ranny had me fill out an online survey to avoid these $99 charges when they were first announced. I did so. But you charged me anyway. I don't even see the customer's credit card info, it's all done remotely by authorize.net. You know that. While I was trying to get that sorted, your company charged me another $99, not even a year later. John Miller promised me he would work something out regarding these PCIfees. But now he has no interest in fixing the problem. He made me so mad I told him I would move my account to another merchant service provider if this was not taken care of. His response was "we will charge you a several hundred dollarcancellation fee if you do that". Is John another one of these people who share your sentiment regarding customers? I feel like I am dealing with organized crime here. How do you explain 10 (ten) card transactions, correctly processed through authorize.net, never landing in my bank account, in the2 years I have done business with you?It's a random thing, sometimes the money shows up inmy bank account, then once in a while, it doesn't, and I have no way of knowing that unless I reconcile my bankaccount with the authorize.net and WMP statements.Do you know what RICO stands for Carlos?

AUTHOR: Concerned Citizen - (U.S.A.)

Dear Concerned Citizen,

Wholesale Merchant Processing is an honest company dedicated to Customer service. A dissatisfied customer is not acceptable. Who are you? How can we help?

We are willing to do whatever is in our power to make you happy. Please contact customer service immediately at 800-953-6764.

-Carlos