Complaint Review: Together Dating Service

• Submitted: Tue, December 27, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 27, 2011

• Reported By: Lorraine — Fort Washington Maryland U.S.A.
Together Dating Service
Columbia Maryland Columbia, Maryland United States of America

Together Dating Service unknown to me..Only Together Dating Service Took my money ...made one introduction in a whole year!! Columbia, Maryland

years back.( they are saying 2006) but it was more than that.... I saw an ad for "Together dating" that boasted they have seen a couple married every day, and new introductions every sixteen minutes. I thought that this sounded too good to be true. Long story short- I made an appointment and drove there from the D.C. area. A pretty good drive from my home.  Upon meeting the rep Angie who was so sweet, i was told that they would have me hooked up in no time. They observed the jewelry I wore and commented on my nice clothing. They thought I would be a good candidate for an introduction. I was so happy and felt so encouraged.

After about a half hour of small talk and curiosity questions it came...the big one!!! You know that you are about to enter into an agreement with us right? How serious are you about meeting someone? They then placed this contract in front of me explaining to me that at my age (62) that it would be good for me to trust them. I even ASKED them if there were any men my age in membership, and they assured me that there were plenty.

Well....weeks went by, a month went by, and eventually they contacted me. An older man called me and we talked for a long while. I described myself to him, and he did the same. He was disappointed because I was a RELIGEOUS woman(not what he wanted) and I had specified that my date be Christian!!! He explained that he was a JB impersonator. WHAT!!!???  We decided not to even meet. I called "Together" and complained, and I guess he did the same. They had the nerve to tell me that at my age, I should take what  comes along and give it a chance!!  I NEVER got another introduction...but continued to pay for a year. Now updating to 2011, they are hounding me for $3600. FOR WHAT???

Their reasoning is: I SIGNED A CONTRACT!!! Never mind the fact that they never produced a date for me. This is the biggest ripoff in the world. Stay AWAY from this company!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2011 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Together-Dating-Service/Columbia-Maryland-/Together-Dating-Service-unknown-to-meOnly-Together-Dating-Service-Took-my-money-made-814542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Together Dating Service