Complaint Review: Tom Bogaert Owner Of Thai Town Restaurant

• Submitted: Tue, March 02, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: Terry — Elgin Illinois U.S.A.
Tom Bogaert Owner Of Thai Town Restaurant
625 Jenna Dr. South Elgin, Illinois United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

Tom Bogaert Owner Of Thai Town Restaurant South Elgin, IL Mr. Bogaert has so far stolen a grand piano from me and he refuses to answer any correspondance. South Elgin, Illinois

*Author of original report: Final Result Of Situation With Tom Bogaert

*Author of original report: Further Court Action

*Author of original report: Update: Court Judgment, Refusal Of mail

It is with great consternation & disappointment that I write this Ripoff Report. Every word is true, it is sad that it has come to this but I must. This is a warning to any unwary person not to ever enter into any financial agreement with Mr. Tom Boagaert, owner of Thai Town Restaurant on Randall Rd., South Elgin, IL, and Thai Town Restaurant on Randall Rd. in Elgin, IL. He also was the previous owner of a tanning salon in South Elgin, IL. I made an agreement/contract with Mr Bogaert regarding the sale of a grand piano to him for the sum of near $10,000.00 in May of 2009. To date, Mr. Bogaert has never paid me one red cent for it. He is not honorable. I have written him numerous letters, email letters, talked to him on the phone, although he is very nice and our conversation never reverts to screaming and arguing, he has never paid me anything. I have since relocated to FLorida but I full intend to recover the funds. This is a warning to everyone, please be careful with this man. He is not honorable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2010 11:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tom-Bogaert-Owner-Of-Thai-Town-Restaurant/South-Elgin-Illinois-60177-1092/Tom-Bogaert-Owner-Of-Thai-Town-Restaurant-South-Elgin-IL-Mr-Bogaert-has-so-far-stolen-a-577133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tom Bogaert Owner Of Thai Town Restaurant

Final Result Of Situation With Tom Bogaert

AUTHOR: Terry - ()

This situation has been resolved. With the help of a legal representative (lawyer), the Kane County Court System in Kane County Illinois, and the Kane County Sheriff's office all was settled. It has been a long trip but my thanks go to these agencies plus Ripoff Reports for allowing me to vent. The sum that Mr. Bogaert owed me was paid minus the lawyer fee.

Further Court Action

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

Mr. Bogaert was taken back to court because he has not fulfilled the decision by the court that I am in fact owed money, all of it, and he has not paid one cent. He answered in court that he could not afford to pay it, bringing with him all of his bills including a tax levied to him on his earnings from his restaurant that he could not pay either which was, by the way $30,000.00. If he received a tax bill amounting to $30,000.00, he must have made some money, right? He was directed by the court this time to bring with him a detailed account of all of his property and assets with a new court date. He did not appear at the new court date. He now has a "Body Writ" pronounced on him meaning that the Sheriff will now arrest him. I have a lawyer now that represented me in the 1st court session mentioned in this update and all successive ones. The restaurant is still operating, he is driving a Corvette and a Mercedes Benz.

Update: Court Judgment, Refusal Of mail

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

I went to small claims court representing my self with all of the particulars and data involving this case. The judge awarded me the judgment against Mr. Tom Bogaert. I then filed a Memorandum Of Judgment in the county offices thereby his name appearing in credit reports. I also sent him him mail to his residence with a Return Receipt Requested (Certified) and he signed for those. I just mailed him another letter and it was returned unsigned and the post office attempted to deliver it five times. So, apparently he is refusing to accept my mail to him.