Complaint Review: Tom Raper, INC

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: indycoltsguy — Danville Indiana USA
Tom Raper, INC
2250 Williamsburg Pike Richmond, Indiana United States of America

Tom Raper, INC Tom Raper RV REFUSE TO HONOR A SIGNED PURCHASE AGREEMENT ***STAY AWAY*** Richmond, Indiana

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Mr. Surface

On August 9th, 2012 I entered into a purchase agreement with Tom Raper, INC.  I agreed to pay a little more than I wanted to do business with a large company, and I signed the purchase agreement and placed the order for two Puma PT30KFB travel trailers. One travel trailer is for my family and one is for my father in law.

I have been in contact with Barry Burdette several times to confirm the options, colors etc since ordering the units. He has been very slow at returning my calls and emails. He is very unprofessional and lacks communication skills.

I have worked with Mike Coyle, the Sales Manager, he is very rude and arrogant, but he did OK and type up the Purchase agreement, as well as Ed Unger the General Sales Manager.

The units are due in on or about September 24th.

I recieved a call from Barry Burdette on Saturday night September 15th at 7:30PM telling me the dealership was not selling me the units and they would lose money on them. I informed him that they came up with the price, made the deal, I paid my down payment and I signed a purchase agreement, and that was not acceptable. He told me Tom Raper was a million dollar outfit, and don't try to fight them they will win, and I would lose.

I spoke with Mike Coyle. Sales Manager today, he was very rude, he said "I don't care what you have to say were not selling you the units period" I then recieved a call around lunch time from Ed Unger the General Manager, he told me "I was wasting my time, they were not selling me anything and that was the bottom line so do what I needed to do" I would lose in court.
I have left several messages for Dave Bane the Owner but he refuses to call me back.

I would encourage you to not buy a thing from these people, they will not honor their word, I would hate to see their service after the sale!!! I cannot believe they call themselves a Christian Organization!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2012 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tom-Raper-INC/Richmond-Indiana-47375/Tom-Raper-INC-Tom-Raper-RV-REFUSE-TO-HONOR-A-SIGNED-PURCHASE-AGREEMENT-STAY-AWAY-R-942522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tom Raper, INC

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Mr. Surface

AUTHOR: Barry - (United States of America)

My name is Barry Burdette, I had the opportunity to work with Mr. Surface, much to my dismay. Mr. Surface wanted to take advantage of our price match promise. He supplied (which I have on file) a document stating a greatly reduced price. Upon ordering the units, we discovered that the pricing that he supplied was not accurate, only to find out they were phony. Mr. Surface bought these units at a huge loss, only to belittle myself and the company I represent. Please feel free to do your own investigation, I would suggest starting with Hendricks County Indiana. Your own investigation should bear some interesting reading.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC