Complaint Review: TomTom International "GPS"

• Submitted: Mon, January 02, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 02, 2012

• Reported By: TOM TOM map updates — Texas United States of America
TomTom International "GPS"

TomTom International "GPS" TomTom How can you charge me for nothing? Internet

How can you charge me for nothing?
I updated my GPS with the latest map 9.161
I clicked on the 25% discount $75.95 only to be charged full price $108.00.
Not only did I not receive an update it froze up my GPS.
After hours on the phone with tech support,  I got the GPS back up only to find no update. After speaking with supervisors trying and to explain I received nothing for my money, except for a headache. I was told I would not receive a refund because I had already downloaded the update; please explain how I was to know I would not receive the update I needed?
The roads in Highland Village, TX. Have been in for 4 years!

It is like going out to eat ordering a Nice steak and the waiter bring you an empty plate. When you ask were is my steak you get a short reply, We did not know we were out but because you ordered it and I brought you a empty plate you will have to pay for it any way.
I am sure this is not how you really treat your customers,
Please give me a refund until you have true updated maps ready to install.

Thank you very much for letting me vent.
FYI all the streets in question have been and are on Map Quest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2012 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TomTom-International-GPS/internet/TomTom-International-GPS-TomTom-How-can-you-charge-me-for-nothing-Internet-816928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TomTom International "GPS"