Complaint Review: Tomball Ford

• Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: Nathan — Spring Texas United States of America
Tomball Ford
22702 Texas 249 Tomball, Texas United States of America

Tomball Ford Ford dealership Burned our truck to the ground, Then charged us for it. Tomball, Texas

We took our 2004 F350 to Tomball Ford to have the turbo cleaned and new EGR seal. When we were told it was ready to pick up we went and paid our bill ($611.00). Moments after paying our bill the manager informed us that the truck had caught fire in the service center. After inspecting the burned out truck it was apparent that the truck was a total loss.

I informed the manager that until they could prove with a running truck that the repairs were completed and working that I wanted my money back. They informed me that no refund would be made and the fire (even though it started exactly where the repair took place) was not the dealerships responsibility. They stated the dealership didn't have to prove the repairs were done, it was up to me to prove the repairs were done wrong or not at all. Even though the truck drove in to the Ford
dealer (under full ford Warranty and had to towed out) after completing a 1500 mile trip from Wyoming!!

After weeks of zero help from the service department management I finally got in touch with them just to have them say i needed to move the truck, that this would all be on me, that i should have my insurance pay for Tomball Fords $25,000 dollar mistake. [continued below]....
..... I was never able to get another response from Tomball Ford.

My insurance did cover the Value of the truck and is currently seeking damages from Tomball Ford for a botched repair, but they do not cover the repair charge the dealer made me pay before telling me the truck burned to the ground.

To this day there is no way to prove the repairs were done since the truck never ran again after Tomball Ford took position of the running truck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2013 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tomball-Ford/Tomball-Texas-77375/Tomball-Ford-Ford-dealership-Burned-our-truck-to-the-ground-Then-charged-us-for-it-Tomba-1022748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tomball Ford