Complaint Review: Tompkins Landscape Corporation

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: Ed — United States of America
Tompkins Landscape Corporation
128 Main St North Andover & Lawrence, Massachusetts United States of America

Tompkins Landscape Corporation Tompkins Landscaping Contractors Buyer Beware: Bullies and Thieves North Andover & Lawrence, Massachusetts

I'm very unhappy with this company, buyer beware.  I don't usually write about anything but restaurants but I feel compelled to warn everyone about my experience.  Started off fine, then turned into an absolute nightmare.  I've never been so unhappy with a contractor or landscaper.  They charged me literally three times the amount they quoted, and when I brought it up to the owner he yelled at me. He yelled at my wife first, then I picked up the phone and asked what the problem is, and he screamed at me through the phone about how  "everyone is having hard times" and that we'll just have to pay it.  I called my attorney and he said it would cost more to fight it than to just pay the bill, and it's very common for businesses like this to bully people into paying more.  So we paid it.  The worst thing is, the day after this "argument" (which was really just the owner yelling) I noticed my pressure washer was missing and my shed was wide open. My neighbor said that he thought he saw the crew with it.  So I called and asked him to return it, if they had mistakenly taken it, and he said "I don't know, maybe we took it by mistake" and said he would check, then didn't call back (8 days).  The reason I'm writing this review is because I spoke with him tonight (after I called again) and he said "no we don't have it".  I said that I knew he had it, and my neighbor saw him with it and he said "well it's my word against yours then, isn't it?"

So I can say I don't recommend this contractor.  Save yourself the aggravation and arrogance of dealing with a bully.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 10:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tompkins-Landscape-Corporation/North-Andover-Lawrence-Massachusetts-01845/Tompkins-Landscape-Corporation-Tompkins-Landscaping-Contractors-Buyer-Beware-Bullies-and-1027876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tompkins Landscape Corporation