- Report: #1134814
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: TonaDerm
TonaDerm Ant-aging "free trial" is a ripoff!!! Sherman Oaks, California Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Face book had an advertisement for an anti-aging cream appear on my home page. It stated that it was a "free trial" and all you had to pay was shipping and handling. There was nothing in this ad that led me to believe that it was any more than a free trial. 2 weeks later my bank account was debited for $98.14 and I just found out that I became in enrolled in their program at that time. My first clue that this was a bogus company was the grammar when the directions stated "directions on use". I finally went to their website where the terms were explained---although not clearly. So, today, approximately 30 days after I had received the product, I called and was placed on hold for 26:14 minutes before speaking to a representative. I requested a return merchandise authorization and was asked "has the product been opened?" Well, how can I participate in a "free trial" if I don't open the package???? The representative informed me that I had a two week free trial and by opening the package and going beyond the free trial period I had agreed to the terms.
1. I think Facebook should be more selective of who they allow to advertise. This company is a total joke!
2. There is no way anyone would agree to a trial offer, and not use the product
3. They need to make it clear they will be debiting your account 98.14 for a 1 oz jar of cream when you agree to the trial--clearly and upfront.
4. Any company that puts you on hold for 26 minutes at a time definitely has a lot of unhappy callers or they don't exist at all and hope that you get tired of holding and hang up.
It appears there has been a lot of research put into how to defraud people in this product promotion.
They need to be stopped and I need my money back. Unfortunately, the representative informed me that I could not return the product because "I agreed to the terms of the contract". What is ironic, after reading their very-difficult-to-find webpage, it is my understanding that I would automatically receive this product every thirty days---it has been 30 days and I have no product.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2014 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TonaDerm/internet/TonaDerm-Ant-aging-free-trial-is-a-ripoff-Sherman-Oaks-California-Internet-1134814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.