Complaint Review: Toni D. Bernotas, PhD

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: Barbara — St. Louis Missouri United States of America
Toni D. Bernotas, PhD
501 S. Brentwood St. Louis, Missouri United States of America

Toni D. Bernotas, PhD Hides Court Documents, False Testimony, Personal Feelings instead of Professional Evaluations St. Louis , Missouri

Last Friday, August 3, 2012, I lost custody of my son 8 year old due to a bias court psychology evaluation of Toni D. Bernotas.  I was threatened with jail and father's child support being erased should I go to trial.  I wanted the judge to hear my side.  The judge only showed contempt for me and my family.  I can only surmise it is because he had foreknowledge of Bernotas' testimony.

Father is $20,000 behind in child support, abducted son at the age of 3 and filed an exparte against me that day so I couldn't see my son, has 7 garnishments since 2009 due to quitting jobs every time he got a garnishment for his child support arrears, a convicted felon due to child support arrears on probation until 2014.  He has threatened me, bullied me and taken me to court several times since 2004 when my son was born.  She was rude to me and lied about me showing up for my appointments on time.  She berated me and tried to put words in my mouth during her evaluations of me.  She saw me several times each week starting February 14, 2012, but only saw father a couple times.  She let his wife fill out his evaluation forms - while threatening if anyone fills my evaluation out I will lose custody based on that.  Further, father refused to do anything with the boy except play violent videos games.  He was invited to school by the principal, teacher and myself (in writing) explaining he could come and help at school functions when I wasn't there, but he never would.  He didn't do anything, but cause problems and try to brainwash my son.  At one point, when my son was little, I took him to his pediatrician because he had a blood mark around his p***s that looked like something had been tied around it for hours.  None of these reports were mentioned.  I will admit I didn't have the $10,000 my attorney wanted in June 2012, I could only get $3,000.  Needless to say, I only got $3,000 worth of representation, but it was Bernotas' damning testimony that sealed our fate.

I submitted all documentation to Bernotas, from the court that I had.  Despite the fact I had documentation supporting I filed for paternity against father, she stated in the evaluation that Father sought custody several times in my evaluation.  Father is unable to keep a job because of me and doesn't pay his child support because I'm a drug addict.  I have passed numerous drug tests, including a hair analysis in 2007.  My latest test was June 2012 (a urinalysis).    Father had 3 adult abuse orders against him from a previous relationship and two infants have wound up with broken limbs while in his custody.  None of this was a concern to Bernotas.  Only my past was of concern to her.  She admitted I'm intelligent, but down played my individual success.  In her eval she gives me a 50% chance to live with an 80% chance of killing myself.  I submitted ex employer letters, letters from friends, all my certifications from college, but nothing would suffice.  She had it out for me from day one.  I had numerous friends to support me at trial, while father's own mother didn't show up.

Bernotas claimed I have Borderline Personality Disorder despite 3 psychiatrists disputing the fact.  I didn't have any more money to bring in another expert so she got to spew for 2.5 hours on what a bad person I am and how good father is.   She used reports from 19 years ago, when I was in an abusive relationship with a doctor, against me.

My son has a dog with hydrocephalus.  She said we taught my son how to make the dog throw up (which is a complete lie).  The dog has grown into his head, of course, and is very active.

Toni D. Bernotas, came to our house, and removed my son for 2.5 hours to interview him.  However, she sat in front of father when interviewing my son at his father's house.  After that assessment she comes back and says my son doesn't want to live with me any longer.

I have two grown girls in college.  One is studying business and the other is double majored in psychology and sociology.  Both girls where there to testify.  Both girls I raised on my own.

She has ripped our family apart.  I'm not going to be satisfied until this woman is brought to justice.  Father now has sole custody of my son.  Thanks for rotten doctors allowed to continue ripping families apart.  I can only hope that some place someone has filed formal complaints against her and I can find a malpractice attorney to help me get my son back.  This is devastating, but I'm not going to kill myself.  It's her medical license I want destroyed.

St. Louis, MO

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toni-D-Bernotas-PhD/St-Louis-Missouri-63105/Toni-D-Bernotas-PhD-Hides-Court-Documents-False-Testimony-Personal-Feelings-instead-o-925600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toni D. Bernotas, PhD