Complaint Review: Tony Griffi

• Submitted: Sun, August 19, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: Carl — Bright's Grove Ontario Canada
3790 Lakeshore Road Camlachie, Ontario Canada

Tony Griffi Sawmill Creek, Handsongolfconsulting.com, golf, Tony, Griffi, griffitony@hotmail.com rip off horrible experience uncouth drug addict freak mess phoney phony awful Camlachie, Ontario Canada

*General Comment: Tony Griffi

*UPDATE Employee: First Class Gentleman

*Consumer Comment: Response to report

*Consumer Comment: False claims are unreal

*General Comment: Tony has been 1st class

*Consumer Comment: False Accusation!

*Consumer Comment: Tony has been nothing but a professional

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: B.S.

*Consumer Comment: Never a Problem

*Consumer Comment: ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!

*General Comment: I have personally known Tony for years

*Consumer Comment: Tony Griffi - the excellent profession

*General Comment: Oh come on now, really?

*Consumer Comment: Reply : Tony Griffi

*UPDATE Employee: The report is a lie!

*UPDATE Employee: False Accusation

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is false

Tony Griffi of Sawmill Creek Golf Resort and Spa ripped off my group for an event that he was supposed to host for us. After giving him a LOT of cash for our large function, he did not hold up his end of the deal and pocketed my money. I saw that someone else had problems with Tony Griffi as well and I wanted to share my story. This happened to me summer of 2012.

My group showed up to Sawmill Creek Golf Resort & Spa on the correct date and time and Tony had another function already in progress. He claimed not to know us, yet I could see a letter that I sent to him posted to his bulletin board and both my wife and I recalled speaking to him personally just a few months prior. He kept playing dumb so I had to sue him for my money. Which I got, as well as court costs.

Upon doing some further research about Tony Griffi online, I discovered that he was fired from Sutton Creek Golf and Country Club previously for similar shady business. This man must be in court a lot as the poster before me also took him to court. Clearly this man is a fraud. As well, when we met the first time, he looked to be under the influence of something. I thought he was drunk but then I could smell marijuana. My brother who is a police officer and who was with us at the time also suspected that he was high.

I really should've seen the red flags but he seemed legitimate due to the fact that he is part of the Links of Kent (C.P.G.A. Head Golf Professional) and a PGA Ontario professional. I will be MUCH more careful when choosing a golf venue in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tony-Griffi/Camlachie-Ontario-N0N-1E0/Tony-Griffi-Sawmill-Creek-Handsongolfconsultingcom-golf-Tony-Griffi-griffitonyhotma-929466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tony Griffi

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: Bob J. - ()

I have been a member of Sawmill Creek for a little over ten years now and I have known Tony since I started. I am an avid golfer, golfing 3 or 4 times a week. So needless to say I see Tony on a regular basis. He is always friendly, smiling, courteous and professional. Always welcomes me back each season with a hearty greeting and a firm handshake.

In talking with other members I can honestly say I have never heard anything negative about Tony, only positives. He is very well liked here and we'll be sorry to see him go.

AUTHOR: Rick M. - ()

My family and I moved to Camlachie 8 years ago and became members of Sawmill Creek GC.

It was at that time we met Tony the head golf pro.

He made us feel welcome and introduced us to the game of golf.

Tony was always very proffessional, accomodating and sober.

As the Food and beverage manager Tony was always the cheerful guy in the room with a positive attitude and willingness to make your visit his priority.

Our family has been very pleased with his service at our club.

I cannot imagine that the accusations put forward against him have any merit.

Not the same person me have come to know and respect.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Al Smith - ()

I have had many dealings with Tony Griffi as a CPGA member and as a food and beverage manager and have had nothing but the highest regard for his integrety and honesty.

To have to spend any amount of time worrying about BULLS...T that can be posted on any site without verification is a travesty

I've been retired for 14 years but would have found it an honour to work for or with Tony in any capacity

Al Smith

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Find this appalling

AUTHOR: Carol - ()

I have know Tony Griffi for the past 10 years and have never seen any of these kind of accusations against this man .He has always been nothing but Professional and makes sure that things are run well and is very accommidating . He always puts his staff and members first and does everything to help.

Cannot beleive the things that have been said about him and if it were true he would not be employed by Sawmill and they would have been very aware of all this. The people who write these things are being very vendictive and should be ashamed of their lies.

I would hire Tony Griffi in a heart beat because of his love of his job and his Professionl way he deals with everything that he does. He makes you feel very speical and is always helpful . I have been involved in a League for the past 10 years and have had nothing but cooperation and help from this man .

Had no idea there  was such a vicious sight on here. There sure is a lot of untruths being written about this man

#5 General Comment

Report on Toni Griffi Untrue

AUTHOR: Margo - ()

I wish to object to the report written about Toni Griffi. I worked with him as a golf pro, as a food and beverage manager, on our Member Committee and through running our Women's Invitational the Saw Ladies' Classic.

At NO time was he ever anything but honest, hard working, respectful and supportive.

It seems unfair that someone can post information like this without due diligence on the part of the web site to insure that the information is correct. This kind of cyber bulleying has been exposed as virtual illegal behaviour.

As you can see from the comments posted by those of us who know him, he is well respected.

I wish him well as he pursues his future endeavours...he deserves nothing but the best!

AUTHOR: Pat F. - ()

I am a member of Sawmill Creek and consider myself a good judge of character. I was not solicitated by Tony to write him a favourable rebuttal, but only to share my experiences with him as an honest and dedicated employee who is above reproach as a manager or a person for that matter.

Tony has been  accused of being less than honest with this client and portrayed as a Drug addict and a Drunk? Tony's love for life and his jovial and over whelming personality may be mistaken for an individual who in under the influence, but trust me, anyone who knows Tony, knows he is high on life and his passion to serve the public.

I am a resident at the Saw and deal with Tony twelve months of the year and I can not recall one incident when Tony did not portray his position as Manager of food and beverages with less than five star service?

This is one occasion when the accuser must be viewed as mistaken or totally dishonest in his portrayal of an employee who wishes to go that one extra step to please and service his customers no matter what the cost?

First Class Gentleman

AUTHOR: Jamie Downton - ()

Having worked alongside Tony for many years, I can say that Tony Griffi is a first class professional at all times.  He has a customer first attitude, and is an absolute pleasure to work with.  his passion and drive show in his work ethic and his desire to create a first class experience for all of his customers.  I have had nothing but a positive experience with stony, and know that any company would be lucky to have such a loyal and dedicated person .

Jamie Downton AGS

Golf Resort Superintendent

Sawmill Creek Golf Resort and Spa

Response to report

AUTHOR: Mary - ()

It is a sad day indeed, when someone can falsely accuse a contributing member of society with accusations that are untrue.

I have been a member of Sawmill Creek Golf Resort and Spa, Camlachie, Ontario, for a number of years.  During that time, I have known Tony Griffi in both his position as the Golf Pro, and later, as the Foods and Beverage Manager.  I have had contact with Tony not only as a member who frequents the club, but also a member of a golf committee who organizes one of the larger ladies' golf tournaments held annually at Sawmill Creek.  I have known Tony to be committed to a high level of service from both his staff, and HIMSELF.  Tony has always been the ultimate professional....courteous, polite, on schedule and committed to ensuring his clientelle receive excellent service. I have seen the positive changes Tony has made, both to the business and to his consumers.  Tony has taken what was a negative asset of the business, and turned it into a positive one.  This was done through hard work and commitment on his part.  I have seen a vast improvement since Tony has taken over.

As a manager myself, I understand how difficult it can be during these economic times, to hire staff who are committed to their job, their employers, and themselves, to provide the highest service possible.  I strongly believe that Tony Griffi would be one of those rare people.  Given the opportunity, I would hire Tony Griffi in a heartbeat!  He would be an asset to my company, or any company that he chooses to represent.

Sadly, although society understands that there are many untruths posted daily on the internet, we are far too quick to believe everything we read.  This is one of those circumstances where a good man has been negatively portrayed.

False claims are unreal

AUTHOR: Elliott - ()

I have known tony griffi for a short time, but found him to be a true service professional. I joined Sawmill GC in 2012, with my children and Tony has always went out of his way to accommodate our needs. I attend several club functions and the food and service was always great. There was a time a guest I brought to the club was disappointed about their food, and Tony took the time to listen to the man's opionion, and correct the situation. In 2012, I was so impressed with the service that I ended up hosting a end of year party for a youth team I was coachingnat the sawmill GC and again Tony ensured our expectations were surpassed.

Tony is a great person, and I am disappointed that a website exists that allows anybody in the world to slander peoples character!

#10 General Comment

Tony has been 1st class

AUTHOR: ArtCamlachie2014 - ()

I have known Tony for a numbert of years during his employment period and have nothing but kudoos to speak about him. As a member of the golf course, I have had sufficient time in my relationship with Tony to write on his behalf. I have always found him to be very professional and friendly in his service with ALL the clientele. We as membership were sorry to see him leave previously for other career opprotunties, but only elated to have him return.

I have yet to meet someone as welcoming as Tony and would vouch for him whereever his career takes him. Anyone who has the opportunity to hire him would be very pleased to have him on board. His customer service has been second to none.

There is no personal interest on my behalf to write this report, but I did find there was a need to take the time and respond to the story written. I have done so because of what Tony has done to Sawmill, he has worked hard and with diligence to make the course succeed and he would do the same for anyone.

All the best to Tony in his future endeavours!

False Accusation!

AUTHOR: Cherie and Kevin Jacklin - ()

My husband and I have been a member at Sawmill Creek for many years now. We can both personally attest to the many positive changes that Tony has instituted during his tenure at Sawmill. We have always found him to be personable and professional. His top priority has always been excellent customer service. We are both very pleased with the overall customer service and positive attitude from the staff as well as other members. We appreciate his attention to detail and think he is doing an excellent job!

Tony has been nothing but a professional

AUTHOR: Andy Godwin - ()

I have been a member at Sawmill Creek for 10 years and in that time I havew interacted with Mr. Griffi(Tony) in a number of capacities. He has been nothing but a professional in all of my interactions, from keeping a disgruntled membership satisfied during management upheavals to providing honest and forthright information at our Membership Committee meetings.

The fact that anything can be written on the internet on this or any other sight without the option of removal and without the necessity of supplying ones name is just showing the danger of this avenue of the media. In any business there are moments where things don't go well and in these areas I have found Tony to be the one who was first to try and supply good customer service. "The customer is always right" was and still is his mantra.

I just wish that the individuals who have used this site would manup or woman up to prove these accusations if they are true instead of hiding behind the wall that this site allows.

If I were looking to hire someone who would be all-in and give me their all TOny would be high if not at the top of my list.

#13 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

B.S.

AUTHOR: Pat M - ()

I have known Tony since he first came to Sawmill Creek and the fabrcations in this story are absolutely absurd. Tony's outlook on Business is to keep the customer happy. I have seen him go out of his way to keep custumers happy even when the customer was wrong. He always leaves them smiling and Happy with a desire to come back. With Employees he is the same but with one exception, He expects his employees to keep the customers happy also. If they cannot do this they are asked to leave as are they if they drink on the job or Steal. In these cases they are fired. I would think a disgruntled ex-employee would accept they were in the wrong and not produce this type of story as I would expect a website such as this to investigate before trying to ruina oersons reputation. Tony si and has been above board in all dealings in the years I have known him

Never a Problem

AUTHOR: Lyn D - ()

I have personally dealt with Tony Giffi a number of times in his role at Sawmill Creek Golf Course in Camlachie, Ontario. Each time, Tony has come through with flying colours. Several times our interactions involved large numbers of people and all of us were completely satisfied. Once I asked Tony to oversee an event that was completely out of the ordinary and, once again, I was extremey pleased with the outcome. I cannot speak highly enough about Tony. In my opinion, he will be sadly missed here.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!

AUTHOR: Geoff S - ()

I have known Tony personally and professionally for over 10 Years now and I am here today to express my opinion in regards to what I have read regarding these accusations.

I have seen him in action, the first to put out his hand, greeting people with his huge smile, listening to memberships ideas or concerns, responding to the membership as I saw so many times, like a PROFESSIONAL!

I have seen him in action, where it could have been easy for him to turn his head, and let things go, but he knew in his heart it was not right, and corrected the issue with the individual(S). He did this in a PROFESSIONAL manner, not embarrassing anyone, as he could have easily been done.

I have now read the comments on here, and when someone happens to come upon this site and see the post from the individual above, the one who doesn't leave his name, the one who claims he is related to a police offficer, yet doesn't act upon what he "thinks", the only TRUTHS being told here are the people telling you about the REAL Tony, the PROFESSIONAL, and that is because WHO HE REALLY IS and not the lie that started this thread.

#16 General Comment

I have personally known Tony for years

AUTHOR: Geoff Scully - ()

I have personally known Tony for years and have had the pleasure working closely with him on golf events and membership commitee. I never saw a more honest person, in fact, I have seen times when it could have been easy for him to turn his head and let things go, but he knew it was not right, and corrected the individual(s) in a very kind manner. Tony would be an asset to any company because I have seen him interact with the members and take their thoughts and concerns to whomever it needed to be addressed to, always was the first to put out his hand to greet with his huge smile. This happens over and over to anyone who came in contact with him, new aquintenance or old, new member or present member.

The internet is a great thing, but with the good comes bad, and the reason I have chosen to comment here, just as the I see his staff, his General Manager have chosen to, is to try and "MAKE IT RIGHT".

Tony Griffi - the excellent profession

AUTHOR: drss10 - ()

The report on Mr. Tony Griffi is nothing but a lie.  I have had the fortunate experience of having Mr. Griffi as my head golf professional and head of the food, dining and beverages at Sawmill Creek Golf Resort and Spa for over a decade.  During that time, Mr. Griffi has been nothing but friendly, professional and efficient.  Mr. Griffi as alway put customer satification first and has always done his best to ensure that everyone at Sawmill, both members and visitors, has had a wonderful experience.  I have always been proud to be a member at Sawmill and a majority of this credit goes to Mr. Griffi and the effort of him and his staff.

Reading this report and hearing about drug use is just simply put, totally absurd.  As stated above, I have known Tony for over 10 years and I have never witnessed him engaging in such behaviour.  I find it completely disgusting and spineless that someone would post something on the Internet trashing an individual and his character with baseless accusations in a forum where one can hide their identity in the world wide web.  Shame, shame, shame.  If the complaint was worth any merit, the individual would have posted their full name, the name of his brother, the police officer and gone about this complaint in a more open fashion.

#18 General Comment

Oh come on now, really?

AUTHOR: Bob G. - ()

Tony Griffi Sawmill Creek,  rip off horrible experience uncouth drug addict freak mess phoney phony awful Camlachie, Ontario Canada.

Wow! I am a member at Sawmill Creek and have been for 10 years now. I think the above statement pretty much says it all. I know Tony quite well and have known him only to take his job seriously.

To actually hide his, what was it, his ... "drug addict freak mess" from me and hundreds of members on a daily basis and years on end, would be an impossibilty to most most rational people. This of course I presume he wasn't an addict for just one day.

Seems to me this sounds emotionally driven. If someone thought he was drunk or stoned, or both, (and he owed you a "LOT" of money) and your brother was a police officer, AND he was right there, you might have thought to have him arrested on the spot.

No, this is not the Tony I know nor would Sawmill Creek management put up with. There are hundred's of people at this golf course that would agree. Don't take my word for it. Just ask them.

Oh come on now, really?

b

Reply : Tony Griffi

AUTHOR: Ged R Smyth - ()

Good Day,

I am writing this comment in response to the complaint made on this website.  I have been a client at Sawmill for many years and have nothing but good things not only to say about Sawmill but also about Tony as a person and a professional.

It's unfortunate that online any opinion can be passed off as fact.  Tony has always been more than accomodating, passionate about his role both as a Head Professional and as an F&B Manager.  I am sorry to all those who read this post and see if for anything but what it is..

And it is simply a terrible lie from someone who took to the internet in a shamefull attempt for vengance.

The internet allows us to act without any accountability for our actions.  Tony is a true professional and all those who have worked with him, for him or have had the pleasure of being in his presence would absolutly agree.  Anyone considering working with Tony or hiring him can absolutly contact me for any further information.

Cheers,

Ged R. Smyth

The report is a lie!

AUTHOR: Matt Alexander - ()

I am the General Manager at Sawmill Creek. I would certainly have heard if one of my employees cheated a customer. Both reports on Ripoff are completely false.  I have nothing but the highest of praise for Tony. He is honest beyond fault and a very valuable part of my team.

False Accusation

AUTHOR: Sandi Culley - ()

I am the event/wedding supervisor at Sawmill Creek and have been in this position for 3 years.

I have worked side by side with Tony Griffi during this time. I execute all the events that take place here and have never had an overbooked function or a function that was not followed through on. All monies taken are not done so until the end of the function. The statements are most likely from a dishwasher Tony fired and are not true.

Tony is very well liked by all our members and guests. He is very curtious, kind and has always done a fantastic job on every function passing through our doors. We have built repeat business becasue of him.

If any of these accusations had been true, as event and wedding supervisor I would have been the first to know. Sawmill Creek is lucky to have a gentleman like Tony on our team

#22 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is false

AUTHOR: Tony Griffi - (Canada)

I have worked at four great golf clubs in my career, each having 500 members who would gladly tell you how honest I am, how loved I am and what an incredible job I have done for them. Every golf professional that knows me would say the same thing. It is a crime that slander such as this is allowed. Shame on the person who wrote this trash.