Complaint Review: Tony Nammari Structure Fitness, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, July 25, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, July 25, 2010

• Reported By: Jen — Lake Forest California U.S.A.
Tony Nammari Structure Fitness, Inc.
22600-C Lambert Street Suite 909 Lake Forest, California United States of America

Tony Nammari Structure Fitness, Inc. gym membership cancellation shady business practice Lake Forest, California

I am really disappointed with this gym.  The training I don't have much to complain about but it's how they treat their clients and how they handle their business that I'd be extremely wary of.  If it wasn't for my trainer, Audric, who was awesome and fun to work out with, I'd have rated a lower score.  I had signed up for some training sessions, but first they had quoted me a rate with my girlfriend for 12 weeks of training sessions and when I signed up, they changed me to a "monthly" agreement since my girlfriend didn't sign up.  That night I reviewed the agreement and decided to cancel.  I went in the following day, 24 hours, and told my trainer and he told Tony, that I would need to cancel and I could only do 1 month but the 2nd month I'd need to switch to another plan because $600 a month was not in my budget. Tony said that he'd work something out with me, not to worry.  I asked if I needed to sign something but they didn't give me any paperwork. I was told not to worry (I should have listened to my gut at that time because I had a feeling this was going to happen).

The next month, sure enough, they auto-drafted me and bounced my checking account and I incurred fees several times over.  I went in and talked to my trainer who knew and was well aware that I had cancelled the agreement and tried to assist me but he doesn't manage the business issues and wanted me to come into the gym to personally discuss this with Tony.  I was recommended to switch to another plan and do group trainings instead and they couldn't refund me my money.  It was at this time that they had me sign the cancellation form!!!! Absolutely, I was in shock.  I didn't have time in my schedule to continue the trainings they wanted me to do for another month.  He promised to credit me the refund so I would have money back in my account and they would work with me on this and I would go to a different workout training plan.  Almost 3 weeks later, I had bills to pay and they put me unexpectedly in the red and I still had credit returned, no gas money or grocery money or anything to pay for bills, let alone chewing gum.  I followed up on this "refund" and still nothing.

It was at this point, I decided to file a complaint with my bank.  Of course, I would not feel comfortable continuing with this place of business.  I felt that it was extremely shady business practice and horrible customer service.  I would not want to go back to this gym.  I received a letter from my bank stating that they are now reversing the credit on my account and it looks like I will have to pursue this matter in small claims court.  BE AWARE OF WHO YOU DO BUSINESS WITH and DONT BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY UNLESS ITS PUT IN WRITING.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2010 02:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tony-Nammari-Structure-Fitness-Inc/Lake-Forest-California-92630/Tony-Nammari-Structure-Fitness-Inc-gym-membership-cancellation-shady-business-practice-626467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tony Nammari Structure Fitness, Inc.