Complaint Review: Tony Robbins Intnl & Guthy Renker

• Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By: Marsha Hill — Halstead Kansas United States of America
Tony Robbins Intnl & Guthy Renker
95 Old Shoals Rd, Arden, N.C. 28704 Internet United States of America

Tony Robbins Intnl & Guthy Renker Guthy Renker in Arden, North Carolina, is the warehouse order fulfillment arm of Tony Robbins International in San Diego. Free Trial isn't really FREE! I sent back the DVDs with their RMA #, and they still billed my credit card for $300, and now say they never received the box of DVDs. San Diego, Internet

In Nov 2009, I saw Tony Robbins on an infomercial talking about Get The Edge.  It said there was a free 30-day trial for $14.95.  Since a friend had given me some old tapes of his, I was familiar with him, so I called to order the DVD package.  I thought, "What have I got to lose?"

When I got the DVDs, I listened to the first few, and found them to be pretty much the same thing I'd heard him say on the old tapes.  So, I called the company after the first week to find out how to send them back and to stop the billing of $300 to my credit card.

A yound lady at Tony Robbins Intnl gave me an RMA #, and an address in Arden, NC, to return them.  I was having some surgery on 12/4/2009, so my assistant took me to the hospital in the early morning hours, and when she picked me up, we drove downtown to drop the box of DVDs off to ship back.

She forgot to keep the top copy of the shipping label with the tracking number, but we did not know that til yesterday, 3/23/10, when I opened my credit card bill and saw the $99. [continued below]....

.....95 billing from GRC *Get the Edge*.  When I called them to say I'd sent the DVDs back, they said they had no notice that the DVDs had come back, and that my billing and payments had been completed over the 3-month period.

We have spent 4 or 5 hours yesterday going through our Fedex and UPS files, calling them, looking for my notes regarding the return, etc.  I called GRC again today, and was told that they not only did not get the pkg of DVDs back, but did not show the RMA # I'd been given in my file.  So, $315 + $15.00 shipping & Handling later, I do not have the DVDs, and I am out a lot of money.

Whatever you do, DO NOT purchase online or over the phone from Guthy Renker & Company.  Today, as I did this search, I have come up with so many reports of others being ripped off.  My next step and only recourse is to fight this through my credit card company by disputing the charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2010 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tony-Robbins-Intnl-Guthy-Renker/internet/Tony-Robbins-Intnl-Guthy-Renker-Guthy-Renker-in-Arden-North-Carolina-is-the-warehouse-584955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tony Robbins Intnl & Guthy Renker