Complaint Review: Tony Robbins

• Submitted: Thu, December 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: Hope — Jupiter California United States of America
Tony Robbins
9888 Carroll Centre Road, Suite 100 San Diego, California United States of America

Tony Robbins Robbins Reserch Institute, Inc. Refusal to Issue Refund, Deceptive Business Practices, Fraud in the Inducement under the guise of "gift and charity" San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: comment

*Author of original report: THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

I had been unable to use a ticket I purchased for a four day Tony Robbins event, Unleash the Power
Within (UPW). Upon requesting a refund, I was informed by the ticket seller that Robbins Research Institute (RRI) requires ticket holders to attend at least 1.5 days of the UPW event prior to honoring a refund request. I explained to the ticket seller that I would attend the UPW Orlando event (November 1-4) specifically for that purpose.

As instructed, I went to the event and after 1.5 days (Day Two of Four), I went to the RRI customer support representatives to complete and submit a refund request. I told them that I was familiar with Tony Robbins' materials, and since purchasing the ticket, my focus and financial situation had changed such that there was no way to justify the cost of the ticket. After submitting the refund request form, the RRI representative assured me that I had fulfilled all of my obligations for the refund and the request would be processed and honored.

Upon submitting my refund request and leaving the building, I was stopped by two RRI representatives who had been standing next to the RRI Customer Support table and had watched me submit the refund request. They persistently insisted that I stay and return for Day Three of the event as a "gift" from
Tony. They repeatedly assured that my refund request would be honored regardless. Reluctantly I agreed to stay the extra day after being deceived into thinking that I had become a "free guest" and recipient of charity.

About ten days after the event, I contacted the RRI ticket seller to inquire about my refund. He told me that my refund request was never submitted. He asked me how long I stayed at the event, then told me that I disqualified myself from the refund because I stayed at the event after submitting my refund
request. I explained that instead of being told to leave (which I had fully intended to do) I was pressured into staying as "free guest" and as a recipient of a "gift" from Tony. The ticket seller told me that he would report back to me, but I haven't heard from him in over two weeks.

In addition, I have sent two letters and emails to RRI corporate representatives explaining the situation. Their "sales" tactics legally constitute Deceptive Business Practices and Fraud in the Inducement
under the guise of "gifts and charity", which is a CRIME. If Tony Robbins was made aware of this, I am certain that he would be shocked and appalled by the illegal and unethical practices of his employees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tony-Robbins/San-Diego-California-92126/Tony-Robbins-Robbins-Reserch-Institute-Inc-Refusal-to-Issue-Refund-Deceptive-Business-P-978507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tony Robbins

AUTHOR: Clark - ()

i had a similar experience and agree totally. ashame!

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

AUTHOR: HHenley - (United States of America)

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

No one from the company responded, but they did issue a refund.
Please remove this complaint.
Thank you.