heels

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: TC123 — Carlsbad California United States of America
Tony Robbins
9888 Carroll Centre Rd San Diego, CA 92126 Internet United States of America

Tony Robbins Robbins Research Institute, Anthony Robbins, Tony Robbins Success Coaching Robbins Research Refuse's to Return Life Mastery Deposit, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Tony Robbins Return of Mastery university refund

*Consumer Comment: comment

I want to start by first saying i am a long time Tony Robbins supporter and student. I am currently a college student studying for my degree in finance and i have always been interested in getting the edge that would help me with my studies. I have read both of his printed books, and completed almost every audio program he has produced. I also just finished a year of "Robbins Results Coaching" to which i have mixed reviews after spending a pretty penny. (They are very good at closing a sale.) You can say i stand behind his products and what he teaches. The customer service i have received on the other hand is that of a company that lacks the integrity of their products.

Onto the story, with my coaching sessions when i prepaid a year in advance i received a free VIP pass to a UPW event. I attended the event in July of 2012 and was impressed by Tony's pressence and energy on stage. You could say i was severly dissapointed when i found out he would only be present 2 of the 4 days of the event... Anyways.

On day 3 of the event there was a "sales pitch" for Tony's most ELITE program "Life Mastery" which composes of "Date With Destiny, Life Mastery & Wealth Mastery" for a total price of $9,995 with one time purchase. To sweeten the deal they also included into the first 50 to sign up a picture with Tony and his wife Sage. I made the decision to purchase "Life Mastery" knowing that i have had a good experience with RRI in the past and know what if a financial or an educational setback get's in the way we can act accordingly. I decided to choose a payment plan that would put me depositing $1995 up front then having payments of about $300 a month for a total of $12,995. Did i mention that is just 'tuiton' and that doesn't cover airfare, food or hotel accomadations!

I then walked up the the front of the auditorium and met with a sales rep. To my surprise all they did was had me sign on some Ipad and then the sales rep took my credit card and gave it to someone else who about 10 min later finally gave back to me along with a free life mastery backpack and brochure. No receipt, nothing talking about the conditions etc.

I then waiting in line to take a picture with Tony and Sage, which i thought would be a one on one photo for the price i was investing but ended up being a poorly organized group picture with all the attendees. I didn't even see Tony!

About 5 days later i ended up realizing that with my studies i would not be able to afford taking that much time away from school after i was able to sit down and digest the large commitment and dates.

Now, let's fast forward a few months. It the span of about 3 weeks i lost my job, my parents split up and an uninsured motorist ran into my car taking a significant amount from my savings. I sent an email to my coach, Marshonda and Rocco Savage explaining the situation i was in financially and that there was no way i would be able to afford the rest of balance for life mastery and that i needed my deposit for a deposit on an apartment for me to live in. In addition to the fact that i would not be able to miss my schooling with the dates of the seminars provided. Her response was, "Don't worry, your deposit is good for 2 years so you can wait to next year when you have more availablity." From that point i knew this was going to be a struggle from the get go.

It is now the end of January and after several calls and emails they are no longer responding to me. I'm in the position where i just cannot wait any longer to receive the $2,000 dollars they have of mine tied up in some deposit that they say "isn't refundable". I understand the conditions of a non refundable deposit and if i knew that before hand i would not have committed to the event. Even so, given my current circumstances and the support both financially and emotionally to the Robbins Research company i am very disappointed in this course of events. At this point i don't know where to proceed and i can't afford to get lawyers into the situation.

To those considering purchasing a product or seminar, make sure you are economically stable and have no problem covering the price and make sure you are 125% committed because once they have your money, GOOD LUCK!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tony-Robbins/internet/Tony-Robbins-Robbins-Research-Institute-Anthony-Robbins-Tony-Robbins-Success-Coaching-R-1005703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tony Robbins

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Tony Robbins Return of Mastery university refund

AUTHOR: evajuliefl - ()

I had a similar problem getting my refund. I called my credit card company and got them to reverse the charges.  Good luck

AUTHOR: Clark - ()

i had a similar experience and agree totally. ashame!