rank

• Submitted: Tue, August 04, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 30, 2012

• Reported By:Middletown California
Tony Saunders - Magic Castle Studios
136 Sheppard Hercules, California U.S.A.

Tony Saunders - Magic Castle Studios scammed me out of $3000 - watch out! Hercules California

*Consumer Comment: Blind person Sammy's claims are false she got everything she paid for and more. You are being looked for to be sued and the studio will win like all the other cases.

*Consumer Comment: Blind singer/songwriter also taken advantage of.

*Author of original report: High probability verdict will be overturned on appeal.

*Author of original report: thanx you Tony ......

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rob Wessell ordered to pay Judgment for slanderous remarks

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Judgement entered against Robert Wessel for slander

*General Comment: TONY SAUNDERS SCAM

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rob Wessel you are a liar and you tried to extort money out of me YOur call was witnessed. No one threatened your life

*Author of original report: well well ..... scamming more then me, huh Tony ?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: xzavier is a scourned woman you cant make me like you

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I did not say that!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I did not say that!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ROB WAS NOT SCAMMED OUT OF ANY MONEY BY MAGIC CASTLE. HE PAID FOR A SERVICE IT WAS DONE.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I am here not running from anything

*Author of original report: shady businessman or complete conman ?

*UPDATE Employee: rebuttals are true

*Consumer Comment: The Rebuttals Are False

*Consumer Comment: So Untrue as to how the real Tony Saunders and Magic castle studio is

*Consumer Comment: I have worked with great success with Tony Saunders shopping my material

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Tony Saunders Magic Castle Studios Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THE ACTUAL TRUTH OF THE MATTER AGAINST TONY SAUNDERS AND MAGIC CASTLE STUDIOS

The music industry is full of fat cat top feeders who prey upon and take advantage of the aspirations of beginning artists trying to get established in the cess pool of the music industry.

I met Tony Saunders (D.B.A. Magic Castle Studios) when I was finishing off a self produced music CD. I needed to re-do a particular bass track and it was made known to me Saunders was available and had an illustrious resume as a bass player. The rest of the musicians on the project were friends of mine and basically worked for dirt cheap expenses knowing I was not particularly financially well off. Tony originally wanted me to pay him union scale of $500/hour but he reluctantly agreed to $350/hour which in hind sight was my first red flag that this guy is all about money. I was in a very upbeat mood about this project and Tony being the hustler he is picked up on this and took advantage of it IMHO. I have learned the hard way in life that when you are in a particularly good mood you can be very vulnerable to scam artists. Tony paints himself as a great Christian with Jesus messages even on his cell phone voice mail. The worst scam artists are the ones that pretend to be religious to lure marks into a false sense of trust. They talk about Jesus all the time but never actually live like they talk. Hypocrite is the word that comes to mind. Saunders claims to be an international CD licensing agent flying all over the world visiting his mega contacts throughout the music industry and does not hesitate to drop big names to impress nave beginning artists. He immediately started telling me my music was strong and that he felt very confident a recording contract could be procured based on his recommendations to his numerous high level contacts. His first false pretense was knowing full well that the chances of me attaining a contract at my age of 56 were slim and none with slim taking the bus. He is very charismatic so I tended to rely on his misrepresentations to my detriment. His promise to personally submit my material to 150 recording companies worldwide was very attractive to me. Because of this promise he demanded that I immediately pay him $1000 upfront to master my CD and print 150 copies. After numerous requests I never received any receipts proving he actually made these copies. He asked for a BIO from me which I submitted expecting help from him to get right but received zero input from him in this regard. He also promised to put me in touch with a promoter in Colorado who could start booking me right away (another liethis never happened). After I paid him the $1000 upfront fee he started pressuring me for an additional $2000 to prove my seriousness which he claimed he needed in order to submit to the 150 recording companies. I had two meetings with him over about two years At the first meeting I was told the $30,000 of my hard earned money I already put into the project was inconsequential and meaningless. At the second meeting I wanted to know exactly what record companies he submitted to. He quick brought up a list on his computer from across the room which I couldn't even read. At this second meeting I was told he would submit my songs to Willie Nelson through a famous name dropped colleague who was supposedly currently working with Willieanother lie which I stupidly believed. It is interesting to note both meetings were interrupted because Tony had to drive to the bank. This gives Tony the opportunity to put you in the back seat of his huge Mercedes that you're supposed to be really impressed with. I never got so much as a lunch, dinner or even a thank you note for the $3000 that he got out of me Written requests for receipts, itineraries, correspondences with record companies and other specific information were all ignored I finally sent a formal demand letter and filed a complaint in small claims court. I was even willing to forgo asking for my $3000 back if he could prove he actually submitted to the 150 record companies. Con-men are good at evading legal service. Tony Saunders lists a PO Box only on his website and Magic Castle Studios is crammed in the back of one of his rental houses at 136 Sheppard, Hercules, Ca with no office open to the public. Even if you win a legal judgment against these kind of scam artists it is hard to collect. After numerous attempts to serve Saunders with legal papers which he evaded I decided to use ripoffreport.com to take this public.. It's better to just let the light of truth shine on the holes scammers hide in.

Tony Saunders lives in a multi-million dollar mansion in Martinez ,California and drives to his studio located in a half million dollar house in Hercules in a huge Mercedes. $3000 is nothing to a man like this but it is huge amount of money for me and represented the amount I needed to finish the art work on my CD and print a few hundred copies.

Tony Saunders D.B.A. Magic Castle Studios = FRAUD IMHO

The elements of a cause of action for fraud are:
(1) that a material representation was made;
(2) the representation was false;
(3) when the representation was made, the
speaker knew it was false or made it recklessly without any knowledge of the truth and as a positive assertion;
(4) the speaker made the representation with the intent that the other
party should act upon it;
(5) the party acted in reliance on the representation; and
(6) the party thereby suffered injury.

In re FirstMerit Bank, N.A., 52 S.W.3d 749, 758 (Tex. 2001).

Anonymous
Middletown, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2009 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tony-Saunders-Magic-Castle-Studios/Hercules-California/Tony-Saunders-Magic-Castle-Studios-scammed-me-out-of-3000-watch-out-Hercules-Califor-476395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tony Saunders - Magic Castle Studios

AUTHOR: Satisfied Customer - (United States of America)

I witnessed this project being finished. All of her files were turned over to her vocal coach at her request because she wanted to do everything her way. She wanted everyone to play for free and that is why the money went to the musicians as the songs were finished. We entered the songs in lots of contest for her and picked her up at no cost at least 50 times because she had no money. We bent over backwards to help this person whose favorite musician was Weird Al Yankovick. We made music out of your thoughts and held you close with your emotional tirads and crying because your family rejected you. Have a heart Sammy you came to the studio to be produced, then you wanted to be a producer..You have no history at this and you will never be Rihanna. Not gonna happen. Since she left the studio we have had 20 projects with no complaints. 5 songs on the charts. Why is it that when you reach out to help someone they always complain...Her tracks are available if anybody wants to hear them.......

Blind singer/songwriter also taken advantage of.

AUTHOR: Sammy - (United States of America)

I met Tony Saunders two years ago. Im a blind singer/songwriter who was looking for some help producing music that I could write songs to. I met him through my vocal coach and he told me he could really see my voice being commercialized. He gave me a price of $4000 and I told him I didnt have a lot of money and I asked if I could pay half then and half when the project was finished. He agreed.

We started working on the project and I told him of a song I wrote that I wanted music to. I actually liked what came out. As we continued to work on other songs he pressured me to pay him more money so he could pay musicians. Even though it went against our agreement I paid him the full amount. That amount was my entire savings, but at the time I figured it would be worth every penny because I was doing something I loved.

As we continued to work, the project got worse. I didnt get to make any decisions about the songs, Saunders would answer the phone and be distracted in the middle of recording sessions, and when I would voice my concerns I would be talked down to like a child. According to Saunders, hes the producer and Im the artist. He gets to make the decisions, and he makes over 300 K a year and has worked with so many great people that he doesnt need to listen to any of my suggestions. Also if I would have paid him more money he wouldnt answer the phone. I never said I wanted to make all the decisions, but I feel like if I paid him all that money I should at least get to help. I would tell him also that I wasnt happy with the music either.

I wrote him a letter telling him all these concerns, and got a very rude response back. I decided I wanted to work with someone who wanted to work with me, not against me, so I told him I didnt want to finish our project. He told me that if I dont finish it, I cant put any of the material on my website, even a song that I recorded long before I met Tony that he wanted to redo. I told him to just give me a CD of what we finished. That includes all songs mixed and finalized. He told me he put it in the mail. When I got no CD I called, but no answer. I had to get the CD through my vocal coach, and when I listened to it, it was very poorly mixed and songs were cut off before they were supposed to end.

My purpose of writing this is not to harass Tony Saunders, because I have moved on and found great pleasure in recording songs on my own so I can have the full control. I wanted to write this so future clients didnt get ripped off thousands of dollars.

High probability verdict will be overturned on appeal.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

Tony has not proven a single thing. The particular hearing Saunders refers to was a claim that the statements on RipOffReport.com regarding Saunders caused the city to shut his studio down.

Saunders admitted in court that he did not even own the legal rights to use the name Magic Castle Studiosand there was no discovery from the city at all.

The results of this court hearing have not even been mailed out and yet Saunders is maliciously libeling Mr.Wessel by calling him a liar.

Wessel stands behind his original statements as 100%  true or what he believed to be true at the time based on the actions or non-actions of Mr. Saunders.

Mr.Wessel has tried numerous times to settle all these matters out of court including prior to the original case that Saunders evaded service on 12 times and is matter of undisputed fact. Is this the action of an honest businessman that has nothing to hide?

Mr. Wessel is highly confident the current verdict will be overturned on appeal.

If anyone wants to share any information or their experiences with Mr.Saunders please feel to call:

(((ROR Redacted)))

thanx you Tony ......

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

I appreciate you reminding me to file the appeal.

It will be fun seeing you in court again ..............................

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Complaint Status:DISPOED
PLAINTIFF MAGIC CASTLE STUDIOS Pro Per judgment for 04/22/2011
2 SC DEFENDANT ROB WESSELL  Pro Per judgment against 04/22/2011

The judgement entered against Rob Wessell was entered into 04/22/2011

The person who entered the comment from Union city Fremont area has to be connected to the Nikki Amber project and we are filing suit against you today.

My Garage studio cost 27 thousand dollars to build it into a studio and sound proff it. it was designed and built by a person who designed the Record Plant studios is Sausalito. We have produced over 100 CD's from that garage and the sound of the room is great. The sound of the booth was tuned and the drum sound is incredible. margo's cd climbed the charts in Europe and several other Cd's that were done in the garage have had the same success.

You also never paid for the videos that were completes thats another 10k you didn't pay. The dancers in the video's charged me $60 dollars per rehearsal session each for working with your daughter. The hair, clothes including your daughters were paid by me Your nameless banters are not funny.

You never saw any workers besides the musicians/dancers who played on your daughters project because you were to cheap to pay for them.  On normal projects this is a charge per day to answer the phone.  If you remember I even had to pay Margo for your daughters vocal lessons. Your daughter is good and needs work. The latest release by Will and your daughter shows her limitations.

The lie and scam that has been presented is that you want your daughter to be famous. You have to want success and everyone including Margo thinks you are crazy with your pursuit of something Nikki doesn't want. Margo is a liar and cheater in the biggest way so go figure out who's using who.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Judgement entered against Robert Wessel for slander

AUTHOR: tony saunders - (USA)

On 4/22/11 a judgment was entered against Rob Wessel in Contra Costa County for the statements he made on the internet. They were proven to be all Lies. All work was done for Rob Wessel. Contra Costa Superior Court Case RSC 10-0845

IN response to the Union City person who does not mention their name. You are insulting and if you reveal your name you will be dealt with in the same manner. Don't print things that aren't true because you can
Get your facts straight my studio is not located in a garage for one. For 2 any person that is talented will get a deal. Any person that has inferior talent does not. No matter how many singing lessons you pay for, talent is God given. .

#7 General Comment

TONY SAUNDERS SCAM

AUTHOR: Anonymouse Fremont/Union/Hayward - (United States of America)

TONY SAUNDERS IS A COMPLETE SCAMMER. I HAVE PERSONALLY BEEN AROUND THIS GUY AND HE REEKS FRAUD!! IVE BEEN TO HIS SO CALLED "MUSIC VIDEO TAPINGS", HIS STUDIO AND HIS HOME!  ALL THE "GOOD" REVIEWS THAT ARE POSTED ON HERE ARE CREATED BY HIM UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT DUE TO A FRIEND I HAVE THAT WORKED WITH HIM. SHE NO LONGER WORKS WITH TONY SAUNDERS BECAUSE SHE'S BEEN SCAMMED SO MANY TIMES! TONY SAUNDERS IS ONLY AFTER FAME AND  MONEY! HE WILL SHOP FOR YOU BUT IF HE DOESN'T GET SIGNED ONTO THE AGREEMENT HE WILL TURN THE OFFER DOWN!! DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY! EVERY GOOD REVIEW OUT THERE IS JUST CREATED BY HIM. IF HE WAS SO GREAT.. WHY IS HIS STUDIO IN A GARAGE?? HE HAS NO ASSISTANTS SO HE CLAIMS! NOT ONCE HAVE WE EVER MET AN ASSISTANT OR ANY OTHER EMPLOYEE BUT HIMSELF!! AND TO TONY, I JUST PRAY FOR YOU!

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: tony saunders - (USA)

This guy is a nut case. your call was witnessed and the more slander you do the more you are going to pay. My office called you to find out if you still live where they had an address..The Lake county sheriff Bill didn't believe you because he never called me back. We have witnesses who heard you trying to extort money out of me to get you to right a nice glowing report in this BS. You yelling on the phone saying that was my last 3k. You actually said if i gave you 1.5k you would right a nice report. That's extortion and we are filing charges against you on that. your lying is gonna cost you. your lying to Mike Roland cost him a hit record as the song on his daughter in laws CD went on to become the number 4 song in europe.You are sinking fast because we have filed a suit and we will sue you for everything you have said that is not the truth. You are pitiful. i should have listened to Ken Ingels and not worked with you. You caused the studio to close because the studio was not public and you are going to pay for that. You asked for a break got the work done and now you are crying like a little kid. You will be served any day now for the extortion and slander.

well well ..... scamming more then me, huh Tony ?

September 2010

Well this is interesting, after a few months of not checking this thread now Tony Saunders wants to sue me? He claims he has no contact information for me? Maybe he should check the 2006 1099 tax form I sent him or the address on the letter he sent me. In this day of the internet he can't find my contact information? What professional businessman has a $3000 client and then conveniently loses all his contact information? What professional businessmen cant produce a single receipt or any verifiable accounting for any of the services he claims to have delivered? Who is the liar here? I filed this report anonymously as a last resort to get justice without any malicious intent. I knew Tony would know exactly who this is and there is no need for anyone else to know anything about me except that I was frustrated in every attempt to serve him small claims papers. I tried his PO Box, (returned refused ), his LLC attorney listed with the California Secretary of State (returned-refused) and at his studio address in Hercules (numerous attempts, including using professionals). I can prove all of this, Tony. I am grateful to ripoffreport.com for giving angry and frustrated plaintiffs like myself an avenue outside the court system.. In the meantime from my point of view and in my humble opinion Tony Saunders (DBA Magic Castle Studios) is at best a totally unprofessional businessmen and at worst a complete fraud. I would advise anyone entertaining the idea of doing business with Tony Saunders to use extreme caution.I have no personal malice against Mr. Sanders, I just want my money back at this stage.Any reasonable person can understand this. Tony, you could even have Ken contact me if you really wanted to settle this amicably, instead of maliciously posting personal information about myself.

November 16, 2110

I got a caller ID today at 12:01PM from 'Private Caller' who hung up as soon as I answered so I dialed *69 and a guy anwsered who said his name was 'Merl' , I said: "is this Tony Saunders" because I recognized his voice and remembered his Dad was named Merl. He then admitted he was Tony Saunders then actually denied he called me after I questioned why he called and hung up. He apparently did'nt understand about *69 so he defaulted to his usual calling me a liar even though this can be proven by checking phone company records. I asked him if he wanted to settle this Ripoff Report thing, he said yes but then got hysterical when I tried to get down to brass tacks rambling on about some woman employee he is sending after me. He chose to end the call by saying:"You are the problem and I am going to get rid of the problem, don't call me here anymore" It was funny he said for me to not call him anymore since it was he who called me a few minutes earlier and hung up (which can be proven) but it was not funny having my life threatened. So now Tony Saunders has stooped to harrassing me and threatening my life. Tony, did you think I would'nt report this to the local Sheriff's Department ? Tony, do not have any of your employees come anywhere near me or step on my property.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

xzavier is a scourned woman you cant make me like you

AUTHOR: tony saunders - (USA)

I never scammed xzavier williams out of anything. No i did not want to marry her and I never gave her a ring. I was married until november 2009 and had no intention of ever marrying. I have only seen you 4 days of my life and all I have is a few naked pictures of you and your daughter that you sent to me and one of my friends. Nobody scammed you out of anything and if you were a christian you wouldn't even be using such antics to spread your lies. Pitiful is what I call it. I HAVE A GREAT WOMAN I SPEND EVERYDAY WITH AND YOUR NOT IT.

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I did not say that!

AUTHOR: The real Xzavier - (United States of America)

There was a statement posted Wednesday November 25, 2009 by someone pretending to be me!  It was a lie!!! Why would I write such tripe? He stole money from me!

It is true that I collaborated with Tony Saunders on a song now being sung..It is true that Tony Saunders used me to write statements, check his e-mails, work his  site..Yes, Tony Saunders is associated with a lot of A-list people..They have never seen this side of him..I was never paid a dime for these service's, what Tony Saunders told me was that we were going to be husband and wife, and it would all come together!  I was never referred to Tony Saunders by any well known producer, unless he's referring to the owner of the adult entertainment site we met on.

Tony Saunders is a con-man in every sense of the word..His name should be added to whatever database that scoundrels are listed on. Every woman in the world should have access to it! It is true that Tony Saunders asked me to marry him, and I did accept  his proposal..This smooth talking thief even talked me into investing into some Gold and Diamond market...That was a lie, he took my money and vacationed in France, upon his return, is when he informed me that the wedding would have to be delayed, he's still married and working on his divorce..I informed him that I still had not gotten the folder with the investment information, his statement was, "O'I forgot"..Later I found out the investment was never made, and he said he'd just give me my money back..Need as of this date, I've not seen a dime of any monies owed to me, from his company or him..Tony Saunders is a lying, stealing, cheat! He does use the "I'm a christian" line, a lot! Am I a jilted lover? Yes! But I am also a heart patient, disabled by a massive coronary in 2001..Tony Saunders knew this, and still took advantage of me and my emotions for him...Tony Saunders is scandolous with no morals....

#12 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I did not say that!

AUTHOR: The real Xzavier - (United States of America)

#13 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ROB YOU ARE A BIG LIAR
ALL THIS GUY DOES IS SAY I DON'T DO ANYTHING AND WHICH IN FACT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING HE HAS ASKED AND PAID FOR. IN FACT I SHOPPOED HIS MATERIAL FOR 2 YEARS BECAUSE THE FIRST YEAR THERE WERE NO TAKERS. YES THERE WERE RESPONSES AND IN FACT OVER 150 INQUIRIES. IF HE WISHES TO PAY FOR ENTRANCE INTO MIDEM, HE CAN GET ALL THE RESULTS.   I MET THIS ROBERT WESSAL PERSON DOING THE FIRST RECORD FOR THE GROUP II BIG. II BIG ALSO PAID ME 5K TO SHOP THEIR PRODUCT AND THIS IS THE 3RD TIME I HAVE BOUGHT THERE PROJECT TO MIDEM
I AM ALSO WORKING ON THEIR 3RD CD AS SOON AS I RETURN FROM THE STATES.

ONE OF THE RULES OF MIDEM IS YOU CANNOT HAVE DIRECT ACCESS UNLESS YOU PAY. I GET ROUTINLY OVER 3000 COMPANIES THAT CONTACT ME DURING THIS PROCESS. I HAVE ALSO GIVEN THE LABELS THAT CONTACTED ME ROB WESSALS INFORMATION AND INCLUDED A COPY OF THIS REPORT. EVERYONE KNOWS ME HERE AND `I ROUTINELY DO BUSINESS HERE
 BELOW IS MY MIDEM INFORMATION
TONY SAUNDERS
MIDEM IDENTIFACTION NUMBER C545740
ALEX IN THE NEW YORK OFFICE CAN VERIFY ANY OF THIS INFORMATION. INCLUDING THAT I AM IN CANNES FRANCE AND HAVE ATTENDED THE CONFERENCE EVERY YEAR SINCE 2002.

I HAVE ALSO PASSED ON YOUR SLANDEROUS REMARKS TO MY ATTORNEY WHO IS TRYING TO CONTACT YOU. PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE SO WE CAN CONNECT WHEN I AM IN YOUR AREA DOING THE NEW II BIG CD.

MY STUDIO IS NOT IN HERCULES AND THE PERSON I SOLD IT TO DOES NOT APPRECIATE HIS ADDRESS BEING PUBLISHED IN YOUR REPORT. JOANNE AND STEVE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO CONTACT YOU.

MY 1999 MERCEDES WAS FROM DOING GREAT WORK ON A PROJECT AND I CURRENTLY HAVE 2 HITS ON T HE CHARTS. GROW UP ROB WESSAL AND GIVE US YOUR ADDRESS SO YOU CAN RECIEVE YOUR COURT SUMMONS.

SINCERELY
TONY S
CANNES FRANCE

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I am here not running from anything

AUTHOR: tony saunders - (USA)

If court is how we need to settle this lets do it. I have shopped your material over and over. I have done my job. I have everything you need to see. I gave you a deal and because you are out of money you reach out like a spoiled kid who lost his milk money. I played my ass off on your project and have tried to shop your songs even this year as I am headed back to France 1/21/10. You need to be a man not a baby. You can continue to yell as you are about to be sued for slander. Tell me your address so we can serve you. thiis is not funny and all of my partners are mad that we even tried to help you. You are very ungrateful as we bent over backwards to help you be somebody. In this day anyone can sell there products over the internet. My office has moved and I never got anything from you about court. Quit lying and face the music. I have 2 songs on the radio right now in rotation. Thats because I do good work. I await your call. You don't get my contacts no matter how much money you give me. thats not how the game works.  If a deal is to come down it is through me.

We need your address to send you papers so please advise what we can do to get these to you.

Tony S

shady businessman or complete conman ?

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

quote from Saunders: "Lastly 3k is a lot of money but for the services he received I think he got more than his money's worth."  is the meaning of this:  I should be grateful he did'nt rip me off for more  .... ??!!

Saunders cries about how this report "is not fair" ....but denying me my day in court with him was fair in his mind I guess.

why will Saunders not document exactly/specifically what I received for my money?he never showed me a single correspondence from any of the supposed 150 "recording companies" including the "European" companies that "were very interested".

why did Saunders evade legal service multiple times if he is so confident that he provided "more than his money's worth" ?  is this the action of just a shady businessman or the action of a complete conman who has no proof?

in the mean time stay tuned for a copy of the original California Superior Court documents (including documentation of all the attemtps to serve him) and the correspondence we had through the mail to be posted at the following URL within the next 30 days :

www.tonysaunders.info   (this URL is for sale at GoDaddy.com)

Saunders had many opportunities to get this right by me but chose to take my money and run... all the rebuttals in the world will only keep this RipOffReport from popping up more and more but he knows exactly how to get in touch with me and settle this fairly if he wants to...Saunders should know only a positive update from me will help sink this RipOffReport to the bottom of the search engines ...

rebuttals are true

AUTHOR: Paul - (United States of America)

As office manager i report that Tony Saunders is not married and lives alone in CA

The Rebuttals Are False

AUTHOR: Another Victom - (United States of America)

X. Williams is Mr. Saunders girlfriend.  What is a Christian doing with a girlfriend that he lives with and he is still married.  This guy is no Christian nor is a business man that you can trust.  You have been warned do not do business with this man he is a crook.

So Untrue as to how the real Tony Saunders and Magic castle studio is

AUTHOR: x williams - (United States of America)

I am writing this as I have just today finished a project with Tony Saunders.  I was referred to Tony Saunders by a well established producer in the industry a few years ago and I felt compelled to write because I have done a lot of work with both Tony and Magic Castle studios.

First I think musicians get screwed because they only get paid once for playing on a cd while the artist in todays market gets contined pay from their projects. Tony asking for whatever to play on his project is his only form of pay for the project. I have worked with Tony on 3 projects now and he has bent over backwards for me when we didn't have much budget and we paid him well on the project we just completed. He works very hard to get the right sound and his bass playing is superb so I know that wasn't a problem.

This guy hangs out with music royalty and we have benifitted from hanging around him. The guy lives good because he has done great work and we hired him to shop a deal for us 3 years ago and we are now completing are second released cd. We paid a lot more for him to shop the project than the complaining party did and we are happy with the results of Tony's shopping.

The studio took us through each step of the original project and we have just completed a project where we paid him 5 figures to complete our project, produce, play bass and arrange a project for us.

The Music business is a business and I think the original complainer about Tony hired him to be an expert for him as the rest of the project was his friends playing on a project. Just to give you a for instance we paid way more per track  to get our project done and when we shopped our project we got over 40 responses worldwide to our projects.

I would bet the complaining party is a person who is not in the business full time or wanted a quick fix to a project that needed attention. Why else would he hire Tony. We pray for the success of that project and wish you the best of luck with your future projects.

We will use Tony Saunders and Magic Castle studios again and again.

X. Williams

Jacksonville, Florida

I have worked with great success with Tony Saunders shopping my material

AUTHOR: tony saunders - (USA)

I have worked with Tony Saunders for 2 years and he is not the person at all like the report I read. He bends over backwards for other people and projects all the time. I know for a fact he charges a lot more to shop peoples material and I have had him shop my daughters material with great success. I know also that my material was shopped to a lot of people until a deal was secured for my daughters material. He has been very personable and work way beyond what we paid him.
His studio is a great place to work and we will work with him again on the second project we do.
Producers are often asked to work for cheap rates and I find that getting someone of his caliber to work with you one on one is a blessing. I will use him again and again for projects.

He does know a lot of people and we have attended Grammy parties with him as well as we have been introduced to people we never thought we would meet. I know that at Midem in France we heard back from over 30 companies for my daughters project.

I am sorry for that persons feeling but I had to write back as I have seen a string of great projects that are on the radio now and great people working at his studio.

A Lansing
Fremont California

#20 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Tony Saunders Magic Castle Studios Rebuttal

AUTHOR: tony saunders - (USA)

I have been in this business for forty years and I have never been so misrepresented as is the case with the Anonymous Middletown, California person who says I ripped him off. First off all this person sought me i did not search him out. I think i was recommended by a group that i produced II Big out of that area.

This person complains about everything I did. I charge what i charge we were not friends. I have played and produced 100's of cd's and people hire me because I do a good job. He never approached me about a deal because he had no money. I am a union musician and i charge what i am able to charge. 350 dollars is not a lot of money to play on a song. And i spent over 100 hours shopping his material which is a lot.He wanted me to do duets with him as a band but there was never time for that. I do this for a living and I am playing someplace all the time. I am not a part time musician like Anonymous Middletown, California

his music was shpped to willie nelson along with the song face in the glass from II Big. That he didn't do the song is not my fault.

Every year i go to CannesFrance to Midem. This is the international licensing convention. I have met people around the world that do deals with good music. there will always be new music. i gave this person everything he asked for except the contacts that i dealt with. I do not give up the contacts to anybody. These are high placed people and if they want to talk to you they will contact you. You can contact me or I will give you references  to back what I am talking about. My office phone is 510 245 8669 and I am usually there everyday at 10am pst. The address he list is someone's home it is not one of my rental units.  I also never went to the bank with the Anonymous Middletown, California person.

Please visit my website www,tonysaunders.com

#21 REBUTTAL Owner of company

THE ACTUAL TRUTH OF THE MATTER AGAINST TONY SAUNDERS AND MAGIC CASTLE STUDIOS

AUTHOR: tony saunders - (USA)

I HAVE WORKED FOR OVER 40 YEARS IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS AND NEVER HAVE I HAD TO DEAL WITH SOMEBODY QUESTIONING MY CHRISTIANITY OR MY MUSIC. THE ANONYMOUS PERSON APPROACHED ME TO PLAY ON HIS PROJECT AND AGREED TO PAY ME WHAT I CHARGED. THE PRICE WAS 500 PER SONG AND I AGREED TO PLAY FOR 350 THE ONE SONG. I AM A UNION MUSICIAN AND I WANTED DOUBLE SCALE TO PLAY ON HIS PROJECT BECAUSE I WAS LENDING MY NAME TO HIS PROJECT. I HAVE PLAYED ON 1000'S OF CD'S/RECORDS AND IF YOU CHECK ALL MUSIC GUIDE . COM YOU CAN PULL UP SOME OF THE PROJECTS I HAVE COMPLETED AND PLAYED ON. EVERY YEAR I GO TO MIDEM, IN CANNES FRANCE AND SECURE LICENSING DEALS FOR PROJECTS WHICH IS WHAT HE PAID ME FOR. I NEVER PRESSURED THIS PERSON FOR ANYTHING AND I AM APPAULED THAT HE SENT THIS IN. HE ASKED ME TO PLAY IN A GROUP WITH HIM WHICH I DIDN'T HAVE TIME FOR AND I PASSED HIS SONGS ON TO A LOT OF PEOPLE INCLUDING WILLIE NELSON. THE WAY HE HEARD ABOUT ME WAS THROUGH A GROUP II BIG WHOM I PRODUCED THEIR CD. YES I DID TELL HIM THE 30K HE SPENT FOR SUB PAR MUSIC WAS A SAD BACKDROP TO EVERYTHING. I CONTINUE TO SHOP PROJECTS AND WILL GIVE A LIST OF SATISFIED CLIENTS ON REQUEST. YOU CAN CALL MY STUDIO ANYTIME AND I WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER INFORMATION YOU NEED. I AM NOT SOMEONE WHO IS TRYING TO BE IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE ALL MY LIFE. I HAVE PRODUCED OVER 100 CD'S, WRITTEN MUSIC FOR TV AND FILMS AND TOURED WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE. VISIT MY WEBSITE TONYSAUNDERS.COM
SLANDER AGAINST MY NAME FROM SOMEONE ANONYMOUS IS NOT FAIR. I PLAYED MY BASS PART WHICH HE DID NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT AND I SHOPPED HIS MATERIAL. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ELSE I COULD HAVE DONE.

TONY SAUNDERS