Complaint Review: Tony Thompson Aka EBay ID Tonythompson123, EBay - PayPal

• Submitted: Thu, October 16, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 20, 2003

• Reported By:Farmington Missouri
Tony Thompson Aka EBay ID Tonythompson123, EBay - PayPal
1138 Edgebrook Drive Winston-Salem, North Carolina U.S.A.

Fraudulent EBay SELLER Tony Thompson Aka EBay ID Tonythompson123, EBay, PayPal RIP-OFF CON-ARTIST eBay SELLER! Took my $431.00, refused to send Bose CD Radio! eBay & PayPal probably taught him how to do it! ripoff Winston-Salem North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Paypal & credit card company if paid by via cc

On September 18, 2003, I won the bidding for a Bose CD Radio from a "tonythompson123" (eBay ID). My bid was for $396.00 & he charged $20 shipping... a total of $416.00. I paid him in full on September 18 through PayPal, then realized he hadn't specified an amount for shipping insurance.

I wrote to "Tony Thompson" at tonythompson1@hotmail.com to ask about it... he replied to send him another $15.00 for insurance. Being very new to eBay it didn't hit me then that anything was fishy. I sent him the extra $15; he then emailed me telling me he would have a tracking # that next day. TWO days later, no tracking number. I emailed him again. No reply.

Waited 2 or 3 more days, emailed him again. Still no reply. I even wrote telling him my husband was getting a bit perturbed, thinking it may light a fire under his butt, but no reply.

Finally on October 6 I filed a complaint through PayPal. They told me I may or may not get my money back and I would have to wait 10 days to find out. Today was the 10th day. I found out. PayPal is giving me a whopping FOURTEEN DOLLARS AND TWENTY SIX CENTS. Period.

And eBay? They may or may NOT give me $175.00. What eBay HAS done was remove most every piece of information regarding Mr. Thompson... the auction of another Bose CD radio that ended just a few days before mine, the name of the buyer of that other radio... it's all gone. Just like my money.

I did have faith in people on eBay. Was going to start selling on eBay (hell, I NEED to now, to try to recoup that money). Now... I'm scared to death to even keep my eBay account!!! Ebay made money from me. Hell, they made money from HIM, but he's still there. Doesn't surprise me at all!

Marla
Farmington, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2003 05:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tony-Thompson-Aka-EBay-ID-Tonythompson123-EBay-PayPal/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-27106/Fraudulent-EBay-SELLER-Tony-Thompson-Aka-EBay-ID-Tonythompson123-EBay-PayPal-RIP-OFF-CON-69245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tony Thompson Aka EBay ID Tonythompson123, EBay - PayPal

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Paypal & credit card company if paid by via cc

AUTHOR: Sabra - (U.S.A.)

You might want to contact Paypal again. It sounds like they only reimbursed your $14 because you possibly only filed a complaint on the additional payment of $15 that you sent for the insurance. You might also want to contact your credit card company if you paid via credit card and file a merchant dispute. Just let them know that you did not receive the merchandise. You must contact the credit card company within 90 days from the transaction date posted on your credit card or they will be unable to help you.