Complaint Review: Tony saunders

• Updated: Fri, February 24, 2012

• Reported By: anon — concord California United States of America
Tony saunders
136 Shepard st hercules, California United States of America

Tony saunders TOMA, Magic Castle records, Saunders and Lundahl Film and Music If I only would have listened to my intuitions hercules, California

*UPDATE Employee: Blind singer is lying and without cause for any complaint

*Consumer Comment: Blind singer/songwriter also taken advantage of.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Paulette Is a liar and lost her case in Court

*UPDATE Employee: Paulette lost her case and she is a liar

On November 13, 2009 I hired Tony Saunders to copy tracks from my Pro Tools program and he was going to use my tracks and add to them, enhance them, record a vocalist and finish the projects at first he came and tried to sell me his services amounting to $21,000, He produced a list of people he had done work for. ( Name dropping) This was my first red flag.

He did not know how to export the tracks so I had to hire a technician to do it. This was my second red flag. I paid him in advance $3000 ( big mistake) I emailed a contract that specifically said I owned the project and would want the files. He agreed and sent it back. I did this knowing that if he screwed up I could take the project to another studio and salvage what was done.
After two weeks I asked him how the project was going. He replied his x wife died and the project was delayed.. He never bothered to tell me this. By then I knew I had made a mistake I asked for my money back and he said he would not return it, the song project was already started. I then asked that he do only one song and return half the money. He refused to do that. I then produced another more detailed  contract for him to sign and he refused to any of the terms. I was fuming.

I received a MP3 of the songs, I asked for Nylon guitar and never got that, On the second song, he said his computer refused to import my tracks. so he did the song the way he wanted to. The chords were wrong. He did not complete the project until January 2010 because of the following excuses:1. His wife divorced him, 2. The studio mother board broke down in  the studio, 3. he went to LA .
He argued non stop with me and kept telling me to "loose the anger" and offered to "pray for me". All of which made me more angry. Insult after injury. Mr saunders had a general contempt for me because I had his "number". He took my money and was sorry he had to do any work at all. It was apparent.

Tony Saunders left for France in January and did not have the second song done. He turned his responsibilities over to his manager Dean Harvey. Mr Harvey sent me the second song ( I threw it in the trash it was so bad). I asked for the project files and what was give to me was bits and pieces of info that could not be used in a studio.I had a  studio owner look at the cd and confirm I had nothing. By than I threatened to sue Saunders. MR Harvey then volunteered his services and said he would see to it I got the project files and to return to him the "incorrect files"

Here I was again being duped by yet another affiliate of Tony saunders.Mr Harvey kept putting me off for TWO months!! He could not get the project files to me because in 4 separate e mails form Tony Saunders Saunders admitted "he does not save files like this" After I pointed this out to Dean Harvey he then dropped his good Samaritan act and returned the cd. I demanded  half my money back or the project files.or a law suit. I got neither.

I filed a small claim law suit against Tony saunders  in Hercules court. The day I showed up the judge said Mr Saunders does not live at the address where the papers were served. I had to get new papers reserved and set another court date. By then I had a letter from the post office stating that Saunders received mail at the address the papers were served.
The day I was supposed to appear in court I stopped the long and tedious process of holding Tony Saunders accountable. I did not go. I quit.

I knew that Tony Saunders lives like a cockroach, He can not be found, he gets other people to lie for him. Even if I won the law suit (which was a given) hunting him down to collect would be a nightmare. Continuing the pursuit would only keep my blood pressure up and keep me in a constant state of aggravation. Tony Saunders can keep my $3000. I want my peace of mind back. I have emails and all kinds of proof this man is a con artist. He will undoubtedly attempt to lie his way out of this report as I have seen him do over and over.It is of little consequence to him to fabricate and lie and  make things up as he goes , that is how he survives. He survives by being someone he's not, I knew this the day I met him and I did not listen to my intuition. lesson learned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2010 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tony-saunders/hercules-California-94547/Tony-saunders-TOMA-Magic-Castle-records-Saunders-and-Lundahl-Film-and-Music-If-I-only-wo-649661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tony saunders

Blind singer is lying and without cause for any complaint

AUTHOR: Satisfied Customer - (United States of America)

This blind singer asked her vocal coach to get her project done which it was first class 3 years ago. Now she is complaining. We did so much extra work for this handicapped person she shows no appreciation. She cried in the studio because of what her parents did to her. She needed a ride all the time because she did want to pay para transit to come to the studio. She got 6 songs finished for 500 dollars each including mixing production and live musicians who were all paid per song to complete the project. She says we didnt finalize the project but if we didn't she would not hear anything. We shopped her project in Europe and made pictures for her and ere never compensated. We have completed 25 Cd since finishing yours with 2 going on the charts.... I don't know what your complaint is other than you wanting to produce yourself. You begged us to work which we did. Because we produced you as an artist and you did not want to take direction is not our fault. We are looking for you to sue you so put a way of getting in touch with you. We have won every case that has appeared in this report because of lies being mentioned. We will catch up with you soon also and you will have to pay for your lies...

Blind singer/songwriter also taken advantage of.

AUTHOR: Sammy - (United States of America)

I met Tony Saunders two years ago. Im a blind singer/songwriter who was looking for some help producing music that I could write songs to. I met him through my vocal coach and he told me he could really see my voice being commercialized. He gave me a price of $4000 and I told him I didnt have a lot of money and I asked if I could pay half then and half when the project was finished. He agreed.

We started working on the project and I told him of a song I wrote that I wanted music to. I actually liked what came out. As we continued to work on other songs he pressured me to pay him more money so he could pay musicians. Even though it went against our agreement I paid him the full amount. That amount was my entire savings, but at the time I figured it would be worth every penny because I was doing something I loved.

As we continued to work, the project got worse. I didnt get to make any decisions about the songs, Saunders would answer the phone and be distracted in the middle of recording sessions, and when I would voice my concerns I would be talked down to like a child. According to Saunders, hes the producer and Im the artist. He gets to make the decisions, and he makes over 300 K a year and has worked with so many great people that he doesnt need to listen to any of my suggestions. Also if I would have paid him more money he wouldnt answer the phone. I never said I wanted to make all the decisions, but I feel like if I paid him all that money I should at least get to help. I would tell him also that I wasnt happy with the music either.

I wrote him a letter telling him all these concerns, and got a very rude response back. I decided I wanted to work with someone who wanted to work with me, not against me, so I told him I didnt want to finish our project. He told me that if I dont finish it, I cant put any of the material on my website, even a song that I recorded long before I met Tony that he wanted to redo. I told him to just give me a CD of what we finished. That includes all songs mixed and finalized. He told me he put it in the mail. When I got no CD I called, but no answer. I had to get the CD through my vocal coach, and when I listened to it, it was very poorly mixed and songs were cut off before they were supposed to end.

My purpose of writing this is not to harass Tony Saunders, because I have moved on and found great pleasure in recording songs on my own so I can have the full control. I wanted to write this so future clients didnt get ripped off thousands of dollars.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Paulette Is a liar and lost her case in Court

AUTHOR: tony saunders - (USA)

This lady came to me through my friend Giselle who asked me to do her a favor by helping out a friend. I made 4 trips to her house to receive her files which she had on programs unlike my logic systems. Several times they could not be uploaded. She complained about other people who did not do what she wanted and asked me if I knew where they lived. Her speaker was a amp coming out of one channel. I told her I could produce the tracks for her and her budget was 3k..
What she fails to say is I finished the tracks with the top notch players that I always use. We even did the vocals twice because she didn't like the male we used.
What she wanted to do was play with the tracks after I finished them and I never agreed to that. She wanted acoustic guitar we put acoustic guitar. She actually wanted the sound that a fake nylon guitar makes so I told her we could do that.
We corrected the vocals over the telephone while the singer was there because she didn't drive at night. She said she was happy. I told her we changed the chords so that they fit better with the song.  this woman used no time correction and the meter was everyplace but on time. Her singing was awful and her music was not commercial. I thought thats what she hired me for. With 4 hits last year I thought I at least knew how to make a CD. She did not. I don't name drop facts are facts.
The last time I saw her she stormed in my studio slamming doors and yelling. I asked her to calm down. She acted like an ape gone made leaving slamming doors. She constantly sent negative emails wanting her money back after we paid people. Every company she list in this complaint has NOTHING TO DO WITH HER PROJECT. TOMA IS A RETREAT HOUSE....MAGIC CASTLE RECORDS DOES NOT EXIST. SAUNDERS AND LUNDAHL FILMS AND MUSIC WORKS ON GOSPEL MUSIC. I am including a picture of the dismissed case and We have filed a slander civil suit against this lady which we are trying to serve her presently. Calling people names does not work for me and is illegal. We have also filed a suit with the NAACP for her racially motivated references.

Paulette lost her case and she is a liar

AUTHOR: tony saunders - (USA)

First Paulette did not have a pro tools program and was a not some one you would want to work with. She would not sign a contract and the first line stated working with her she could not use any of our names because of this being a work for hire. We still have her untransferable stereo files she downloaded. My boss made 4 trips to her house to pick up these amateur at best tracks she wanted turned into songs. She was referred by a friend otherwise we would not work with someone who has no talent. She didn't show up for court case RSC10-0389 in countra costa count court and this case was dismissed.

This is a lonely lady with a chip on her shoulder. She approaced us about tracking down someone who had done tracks for her before that she didn't like. We have songs on the charts and no how to work with anyone. this lady is a joke. Tony firstly hasn't lived in Hercules since 2004. Mr Saunders ex wife father died Pastor Weston and that can be checked. Tony Went to play at the funeral. The only cockdroach in this matter is the untalented Paulette C. No talent none. People like her that bang on instruments and think they are songs should do something else. If you want to hear her material feel free to call. The songs we changed the chords on was so that it sounded like today. Great people were used to play her songs and you can have a copy of that if you choose.

We continue to produce quality music and Mr Harvey continues to manage careers of people doing something in the music business. music history speaks for itself both Mr Harvey and Mr Saunders continue to thrive. This lady complains to every entity that she thinks she knows about. She doesn't even know what any of the companies she complained about does....
Edward L