• Report: #272006

• Submitted: Mon, September 03, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
Tool City Loan - Tool City, City Loan
3431 Cherry Ave Long Beach, California U.S.A.

Tool City Loan - Tool City, City Loan Evil, Heartless, Gutless, lying, cheating, cowards! Long Beach California

*Consumer Comment: No that IS how you operate-you did it to me!

*General Comment: Consumer

*UPDATE Employee: Absolutely untrue

All I can say is the Judge told them if she ever saw there name on court papers again "she would personally close them down" They'll suck you dry have control of you life and then steal from you For A Profit! Heres to you Andy, and staff you all F=ed me over and it has taken a year to get back on my feet,, I hope you enjoyed yourselfs this past year becuase KARMA'S A Bitch! and so am I!!!

Tamara d.
Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2007 12:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tool-City-Loan-Tool-City-City-Loan/Long-Beach-California-92648/Tool-City-Loan-Tool-City-City-Loan-Evil-Heartless-Gutless-lying-cheating-cowards-272006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tool City Loan - Tool City, City Loan

No that IS how you operate-you did it to me!

AUTHOR: Jackie - ()

To the person or employee of City Loan who responded to the victum : Come on stop trying to place the blame back on the victum. That's exactly how you operate. Yes one or two people being pist off at you isn't uncommen but do you even know how many complaints are filed against you? You should look into that. And BBB is nothing, anyone can pay to be a part of that. Your company is a fraud.  You have the rudest representitves  I've ever dealt with. They are just ignorant.

I had my vehicle repossessed and I hadn't even made my first payment! And no one went over my income to make sure I could pay the loan back-my only income is disibility. This company lies through there butts. I wasn't told my vehicle would be repossessed - this company said nothing to me. Cowards is what you are. All cowards and liars. Thank the lord the telephone coversations are recorded!

I contacted the Attorney Generals Office for help. They had me file a complaint and my complaint was sent to the Department of Business Oversight. A copy was sent to City Loan and  they were instructed to answer my complaint and send me a copy as well as the DBO. After six weeks City Loan still had not responded. The DBO sent then a reminder and gave them an additional five days.  They finally responded to the DBO but not to me. I'm sure nothing they said in the response is true. No one ever told me my vehicle was being repossessed. I talked to a supervisor by the name of Tony and he explained how to send my payment in via moneygram. I told him I would do it on Friday, and he said that was fine.

Two days later, at 3am, my vehicle was repossessed from my driveway. I called Tony to find out what happened and he told me  I was suppose to talk to Walter? What! Sorry, there is nothing in my contract that says I can only speak to Walter and because Tony was a supervisor I trusted what he said-huge mistake. There is no communication between any of these idiots. I spoke to another supervisor I think his name is Ignacio,  and he says the reason my vehicle was repossessed is because I'm a new customer and don't have a payment history with them? Are you kidding me?

This is all a scam. They saw I was a senior citizen and on very limited income. A perfect target for their scam. The hardship of being without a vehicle is terrible. I have asked the DBO to make this rotten company pay me the value of vehicle, we'll see what happens. Oh and by the way, DBO is the department that license's this business, so yes I was at a disadvantage already but I'm hoping DBO will do the right thing. They need to put this evil company out of business at least so the DBO's name isn't attached to it because I'm sure there will be a class action law suit filed soon. Too many storys that sound exactly the same.

Report them to the Attorney Generals Office if you haven't already and to any Conumer affairs groups / avocates.  It only takes a minute and the more complaints they recieve the more serious they will take them.

Jackie

Oxnard California

#2 General Comment

Consumer

AUTHOR: Investigating Anonymously - (United States of America)

Hello Tamara,

How can we reach you? Many Consumers are experiencing what you have.

Absolutely untrue

AUTHOR: City Loan - (U.S.A.)

Every business has customers that feel as if they were a 'victim" or that they were treated unfairly. In any kind of lending industry, when a loan turns into a bad situation, the customer always feels as if they carry no responsibility in the issue. It is nor will it ever be in the interest of our company to mis-treat customers in any way shape or form. We strive to satisfy each and every client. Sometimes these attempts fail and customers will simply lash out at the lender, taking zero personal responsibility for their actions and or willful default on a loan with no regard for their participation in the events leading to the end of the client relationship.

This is the case here. The former client feels the need to retaliate for a relationship between themselves and our company gone bad. never will a person admit their actual fault in their dealings when they just want to be right.

If a vehicle gets repossessed, its because the customer did not make payments as promised and did not make attempts to make arrangements. If a customer defaults, its always the last and final option for a lender. Sadly this relationship between out customer and our business did not end well from their point of view. In any situation personal responsibility is a must, and clearly this person feels she has zero to do with the end of the business relationship. That simply not how we operate.