Complaint Review: Tooway Sattelite Broadband

• Submitted: Mon, September 09, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, September 09, 2013

• Reported By: alanastra — Sheffield
Tooway Sattelite Broadband
Unit 50 Portmanmoor Road Industrial Estate Cardiff, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Tooway Sattelite Broadband Avonline ,subsidiary, Sixty Five Pounds Per Month For 1 Meg Internet Broadband Connection Cardiff Wales

We live in the country and cannot get fast broadband so we took out satellite broadband at 65 pounds per month. After a couple of months of good internet it suddenly went down so low that we could hardly stream a youtube movie. We were told we were in FAP (fair usage policy) bracket. We did what they said and hardly used the internet but nothing changed and we are still there after 4 months, paying 65 pounds for virtually no internet. In fact we were better with the BT connection and it was 600 per cent cheaper.

Logically speaking it is not possible to download too much when the internet speed won’t allow it, so naturally any unfair usage should surely have finished after all these months.

I have phoned the company so many times I am fed up and thought it was time to complain to somebody as I am desperate. I think you will agree that no one should pay good money and not receive a service. My family have been on holiday for 2 weeks and during that time I was the only one using the internet and I hardly used it. But, low and behold, the FAP is still in position, cutting our connection to about 1meg which is completely useless as an internet connection.

Surely a company cannot get away with this, a service should be relevant to the amount of money you are paying for it, despite any fair usage policy conditions. Please search the internet for other complaints about this service.

Date service was taken out: 04/03/2013

Customer Number: TW6229

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tooway-Sattelite-Broadband/Cardiff-Select-StateProvince-CF24-5HB/Tooway-Sattelite-Broadband-Avonline-subsidiary-Sixty-Five-Pounds-Per-Month-For-1-Meg-In-1083046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tooway Sattelite Broadband