Complaint Review: Top Dollar Pawn Superstores

• Updated: Fri, March 30, 2012

• Reported By: RBarr — Colleyville Texas United States of America
Top Dollar Pawn Superstores
2901 N. Central Drive, Bedford, TX 76021 Internet United States of America

Top Dollar Pawn Superstores Overcharged During 10-day Grace Period Internet, Internet

I pawned two rings 9 days ago, was assured if I retrieve within 10 days the charge would be $15 max. Total cost for 30 day pawn was only $17.50, so certainly not a big difference.

Went back today to redeem. Was charged the full amount as if 30 days. Again, not a big deal since it was only $2.50 difference. However, when I questioned it the mgr. berated me for asking for a difference of $2-3, was irate & pointed out on the ticket there are no verbal agreements and that is what I owe! As it turns out, the shop actually rounded up & charged $18. Again, not a big amount by any stretch.

I've been a long time customer of this Top Dollar Pawn in Bedford, TX. I've pawned several items over the years w/multiple renewal tickets but eventually retrieved all items. At 180% annual interest they have made VERY good money from my business.

The very rude, obnoxious mgr who was approximately half my age argued with me, pointed out the ticket says what it says & again, berated me when I questioned the overcharge of a "measly" $2.

I told him to check my account over the yrs & how much this company has made from my renewals because I will never use their business again and I will most definitely steer everyone I know away from them! He said he didn't care & didn't need my business anyway as I was walking out. Unfortunately, this isn't the same individual I've dealt with over the yrs as he is new to the shop. Sad to say he has horrible people skills, does not understand customer svc in the least and this store will ultimately see a drop in business as a result!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2012 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Top-Dollar-Pawn-Superstores/internet/Top-Dollar-Pawn-Superstores-Overcharged-During-10-day-Grace-Period-Internet-Internet-861532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Top Dollar Pawn Superstores