• Report: #192916

• Submitted: Tue, May 23, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, December 06, 2008

• Reported By:los angeles California
Top Gun Recruiters
San Diego, California U.S.A.

Top Gun Recruiters, Eric Walt Ripoff Big Flake San Diego California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Manifest Frustration

Eric Walt claims to be a top-notch employment recruiter. His company name is Top Gun Recruiters. Do not rely on him to market you to an employer. He doesn't follow through.

Charlotte
los angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2006 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Top-Gun-Recruiters/San-Diego-California/Top-Gun-Recruiters-Eric-Walt-Ripoff-Big-Flake-San-Diego-California-192916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Top Gun Recruiters

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Manifest Frustration

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

I used to be a contingency fee headhunter. My fees were paid by the employer if I represented an employment candidate that was hired by the employer. The candidate paid nothing. This lady (I can't remember exactly who she was) was among the 98% of candidates I tried to find employment for but couldn't. Headhunters can only work with a small percentage of people they've made contact with - principaly due to factors beyond the candidates control (not the right fit for the employer, too many other candidates up for the position, lack of sufficient experience time, etc.). We can only do a best effort for those we think we can place. The rest we can't help at the time they need to find a position. We still only place a few of among those we've elected to make concerted effort for.

Evidently I couldn't help this lady. Usually candidates get frustrated after a time without results and start pestering the recruiter. Recruiters never neglect those candidates they think they have a chance to place. That's where the money is. Some candidates get angry if you can't show them any viable job openings or if they aren't successful in obtaining a job through the interview-to-hire process.

Some candidates get depressed and depondent during an extended job search.

Based upon this persons desire to trash me and my business with this report, I'd say she was pretty frustrated and dissappointed at the time because I couldn't get her any job interviews. She probably pestered me to the point where I no longer wanted to take or return her calls. If, after a time, I can't help someone I tell them so honestly and courtiously. I always do this because they often come back to me a few years later and I'm able to help them then. Recruiting is a relationship and network business. I have no animosity for her because she reacted this way. I wish I could find a job for everyone who comes to me for help.

This was around the time I left the business altogether as the recruiting and search business was starting to slow. Fortunately I left it before it crashed. I hope this lady found something she is still happy doing.