- Report: #839429
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Top Notch Advertising TNI Ottawa
Top Notch Advertising TNI OttawaInternet United States of America
Top Notch Advertising TNI Ottawa TNI Networks, Pyramid Sceme, Scam, Please do not work here. Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
When you first get your phone call for this job, its late as night, the reason is that they start work at 12:00PM and finish at 9:00PM. They try and hide the late hours by coming up with an excuse for why they are calling you so late. This isn't a problem for those who like working later.
Next, you get the interview and are pretty much given the job provided that you seem enthusiastic, spout anything charming out, and you've got it. Another thing about the interview, all questions are dodged. They want to tell you nothing about the job so that you cannot develop an opinion about them before you start. Also, do not bother trying to research them, they only have a test site with nothing but good things to say about themselves.
Alright, so now you've got the job, great, prepare for two weeks of training. During this two weeks, you are not receiving any training. You stand around and watch someone else get sponsors, (and if you are like me, you watch your trainer twist the person into it) and read a cue card that a kindergarden student can learn if they repeat it enough. Fortunately, you are paid and can make some mistakes. However, the major downside to this is that once you get to the solo part of the job, you are left alone, in less the safe areas, to knock on peoples doors and ask them a few personal questions. If you do manage to get a sponsor, most people will call and cancel days after, because they felt guilted into it.
Alright, about the office. So when you get it, you notice some pictures, typical motivational ones, but also some photo's of the Employee of the Month. Funny enough, its the same four people repeated over and over and over. Nobody else ever wins this thing? One day, due to a fluke, I outdid a leader, and they invited me on a trip. I refused, they harrassed, I remained steadfast. However another employee who started with me, went on the trip. Unfortunately, he got fired when he got back. Nobody explained why, haven't heard from him since.
The office doesn't keep the same people for more then a month. If you do not make a quota (Yes there is a quota) of children sponsored per week, you actually lose pay and eventually get fired. This would not be a problem, except that the quota is extremely unrealistic. I say this in a factual way, not out of stress or anger (I haven't worked there for a while.) Only "leaders" remain, they can do as horribly as possible, and still maintain their jobs.
You will be left stranded if you choose to quit during a job. Let that be clear, if you didn't understand, read it again. One person I was working with decided the job was not worth it, and politely discussed his concerns, and was made to get home by himself (I gave him some bus tickets, because if I had not, he would be stranded in kanata, with no ride home. I'm concerned that if I wasn't there, he would be stranded.)
To Conclude, I will make brief point notes.
- Insufficient trainers/training
- Late and long hours
- Loss of wages if a quota is not met
- Only by luck will you ever surpass a trainer
- You will be fired if you cannot meet the unrealistic quota.
- You will be stranded if you are not satisfied with the job.
- Quota requirement is biased, and only leaders will receive no punishment from not meeting it.
- You will work through horrible weather, no matter what.
- AS much as they say that they advertise in malls, and you can do that, you can NEVER do that.
- They keep you for an hour longer at the end of the night to "make some noise" where they bang stuff around to symbolize their recent successes manipulating people into sponsoring children.
- You will get yelled at a lot by people who's door you knock on, telling you its a bad company, that they were cheated, and that the children do not receive money.
- Road trips are a bust, NEVER go on one. You will lose more money then you make.
The list can go on and on. To put it simply, stay clear of this place, unless you want a two week job and zero references. Keep them out of Ottawa, so more promising employers can come and take their place.
If you have a rebuttal or report, I will not have my notifications on, I only write this out of the kindness of my heart. I don't want another person in a tight situation to be screwed by this place.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2012 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Top-Notch-Advertising-TNI-Ottawa/internet/Top-Notch-Advertising-TNI-Ottawa-TNI-Networks-Pyramid-Sceme-Scam-Please-do-not-work-her-839429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.