Complaint Review: Top Notch Transportation

• Updated: Thu, July 31, 2014

• Reported By: Harry — La Mesa California
Top Notch Transportation
4400 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale, Arizona USA

Top Notch Transportation Adam Burkhalter Hired: Private contractor (Harry deRochemont) by Mr Burkhalter to drive livery. Unwilling to replace check rejected by bank: $393.70 Scottsdale Arizona

*Author of original report: Check issue solved

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Your wife's name was added to the check

Mr Burkhalter hired me to drive his 2004 Lincoln Town Car in significant disrepair due to be decertified by Uber San Diego by age limit after my 4.7 driving score of a year dropped below Uber standards deactivating my permission to drive for him.

He was and is still unwilling to replace a payroll check of $393.70 rejected by our bank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Top-Notch-Transportation/Scottsdale-Arizona-85251/Top-Notch-Transportation-Adam-Burkhalter-Hired-Private-contractor-Harry-deRochemont-by-1166348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Top Notch Transportation

Check issue solved

AUTHOR: Harry - ()

Due to much misinformation from our bank about a deposit rejection, my wife & I were illadised to take an

unnecessary course of action through the small claims court system.

The rejected check was fully negotiable to our our surprise and was cashed at the home bank after seeking

advice from the bank management of both institutions.

Please accept our sincerest appologies for any inconvenience to all parties involved.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Your wife's name was added to the check

AUTHOR: TntSd - ()

Harry the reason your check was returned is because you took matters into your own hand and added your wife's name to the check so that's the reason they sent it back. A week before I let you go I had a check cashing place call me asking if you had worked for me and if the check was valid which I found odd considering all my past workers have a normal bank like a Bank of America. You had asked me a few times this summer asking if I could write the check to your wife and I had explained your wife did not work for me and that for tax purposes I had have your name on the check. I never asked queations cause it was none of my business what you have going on in your personal life and why you would be asking me to write your checks in somebody else's name. I had paid you your last check and dismissed you from your  duties with Top Notch after Uber had kicked you off the platform for low scores and customer complaints. After receiving a phone call both from yourself and your wife begging me to write you another check not because the check wasn't valid but because you forged your wife's name on the check next to your name so they wouldn't accept the check after the fact I told you I could not write the check in your wife's name. I've been in business 8 years and I'm not going to go out of my way to write another check and cancel the check I wrote you because you took matters into your own hands and added your wife's name who doesn't even work for me. After getting the calll from the check cashing place I don't feel comfortable writing you another check and I explained that to you and your wife so I'm sorry and hope you understand this isn't my fault.