• Report: #532067

• Updated: Fri, July 29, 2011

• Reported By: Texas Soldier — Grand Prairie Texas United States of America
Topline Warehouse Store
433 East Church Street Grand Prairie, Texas United States of America

Topline Warehouse Store Manager not only got rude when I asked for a better deal, he marked the price up $10 as I stood there, I will NEVER visit that store again Grand Prairie, Texas

*Consumer Comment: um..no

*Author of original report: Ripoff? depends on your point of view

*Consumer Comment: I don't see how this is a rip-off

I had heard about top line from a friend who said they have very good deals on various items, so when I needed some plastic sheeting for a project I decided to check their store. When I got there I found their prices to be a bit on the high side, I asked an employee if that was the best price they could offer and was refered to a manager, when I asked the manager if that was the best deal he could offer, not only did he get rude and condescending, HE MARKED THE PRICE UP $10 as I stood there. I will NEVER visit that location again and will warn anyone looking for a deal to avoid the store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2009 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Topline-Warehouse-Store/Grand-Prairie-Texas-75051/Topline-Warehouse-Store-Manager-not-only-got-rude-when-I-asked-for-a-better-deal-he-mark-532067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Topline Warehouse Store

um..no

AUTHOR: Ravenslvr - (U.S.A.)

It is not illegal to ask about pricing. You can legally go into any store and try to haggle the price. Does not mean they have to discount it, but you are legally allowed to haggle. Maybe your from a different state that is run by card carrying commies, but Topline is fairly trashy and can discount the price if you ask. The people that work there tend to be bottom tier people with no other prospects. I only go there for tarps and cheap terra cotta pots. Other than that, the store is a cess pool of crap just laying around

Ripoff? depends on your point of view

AUTHOR: Texas Soldier - (United States of America)

if you feel inclined to visit this store, walk directly to the rear of the store, there is a large pallet rack shelf with many rolls of plastic sheeting of varying thickness, if you look at the box on the bottom, you will see where the $50.00 was changed to $60, you will also notice that the 2 boxes above it...had $60 written on them, only the bottom box was changed, he added 2 more boxes from the back room, the first box I looked at was dusty and torn open.
I would not have been surprised for him to say that was the best deal he could offer, but when asked, he went into a tirade about how much it would cost at home depot and as I was standing there pricing the other thicknesses, he added two more rolls to the pile and marked it up to $60, at first I didn't notice what he had done, until I was reconsidering the thicker plastic and saw the markup, I didn't say a word to the manager, I simply turned towards the exit and left, I will never shop there again.
I have since learned that the managers name is Mark Bobbitt, before today I had never spoken to or seen this person.

<private note> Thank you Virginia for being so polite.

if you do decide to drop in and check their prices, please tell them Randall said Hello

I don't see how this is a rip-off

AUTHOR: Heather O - (USA)

You do realize that most, if not all, companies do not haggle prices.  I've had this happen to me a few times when I used to work retail, and it is illegal to do so.  There are fair pricing laws which means everyone gets to pay the same price for the same product during the same time period (like during sales or such.)  This is why they wouldn't lower the price for you.

As for the mark-up while you were standing there, I don't see why anyone would do that.  I'm not saying you're lying, but again, fair pricing laws make that particular act illegal.  The only "exception" to this is the price that was originally on the tag was an expired sale (usually the tag has an expiration date, whether or not it was immediately obvious) price which an employee missed when taking down sales.  This, again, happened to me often when I work retail.  Although I would always give the customer who noticed it and brought it to my attention the sale price, anyway.