Complaint Review: Tornado Office Supply - Marti Shore

• Submitted: Tue, August 07, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 08, 2007

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Tornado Office Supply - Marti Shore
504 Union Street Dardanell, Arkansas U.S.A.

Tornado Office Supply - Marti Shore ripoff PHONE SCAM Mom & Pop Company Moving to Oklahoma Dardanell Arkansas

*Author of original report: Updated on Tornado Office Supply - Marti Shore

Was contacted by Marti Shore who told me her husband and she were small business owners moving to Oklahoma and had a surplus of office supplies to dispose of: Binder clips, Highlighters, Post-Its, Tape w/dispensers, Regular and Jumbo Paperclips and pens.

Prices quoted were extremely low, ranging from .39 for pens up to $2.29 a dozen for tape. Oh yes, she'll throw in the 2 Cross Pens for our Controller and me, free of charge. We will receive our invoice in 30 days from shipment.

She lied to me about speaking to our Controller who told her to speak to me.
He never heard of her, never spoke to her.

As of this date I have left a VM at the number on the UPS shipping label - 479-229-2622 (8/7/07 @ 415pm EDT) - the greeting is hilarious if you want a laugh. The lady that recorded it sounds like she put her cigarettes and whisky down long enough to record.

The boxes are unopened and will stay that way until I am able to contact someone.

After twenty-five plus yrs as an Executive Assistant, someone finally got me.
I really thought I had heard of all the office product scams out there, but this Marti Shore was good.

Queenie
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2007 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tornado-Office-Supply-Marti-Shore/Dardanell-Arkansas-72834/Tornado-Office-Supply-Marti-Shore-ripoff-PHONE-SCAM-Mom-Pop-Company-Moving-to-Oklahoma-265855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tornado Office Supply - Marti Shore

Updated on Tornado Office Supply - Marti Shore

AUTHOR: Queenie - (U.S.A.)

Surprise! Got a call back from Marti Shore. Informed her of our findings.
She apologized to me for any inconvenience, said she understood, and said we could ship the boxes back. I will ship them back, at our cost, and see what happens.