Complaint Review: Toro Mower

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 07, 2008

• Reported By:fair oaks California
Toro Mower
8111 Lyndale Avenue South Bloomington, Minnesota U.S.A.

Toro Mower toro company Bloomington, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Proper use.

My Toro mower with very few miles is falling apart , I rarly use this machine I have gardners that use there own machines , I have mowed my own yard with this mower maybe 10 times , I have a small yard ( .26 ac. with a 1050sf. house ) ..
anywhy here is the story :
I bought a beutifull red toro lawnmower using my first credit card ( also using consumer reports ) in 1987 , the only thing I dislikes it didnt have a bs engine , that mower finaly died of natural causes in 2004 ( the case finaly said " no more " and split due to rocks , .. that mower was TOP OF THE LINE !

ok sad time ahead ...

in 2004 I bought a toro mower , auto start ....( the wife can start ....ya ) ..no...
the sucker dont start unless you have just charged it ( either the battery is too weak or ... sorry no "or")

next problem is the side shoot , I don't use it but I had to duct tape it closed , the grass was shooting me in the face . I taped it and felt fine .

next and worst :
wife was at her best , mowing and happy and the bolts ( and knobs )
came loose , well now the push frame is now quite bent , sure I can fix it but I paid for a quality machine ..

I dont ask for much ...

I ask for replacement parts at toro's expence , which is easy ..

this is the toughy , I know management to an extent .. ( I dont need to be a lawer but know a few ) ,

I unerstand enough all I ask is my machine is like new soon ,

I did note maybe we need a " burned buy toro website.com "
or maybe " toro management shuns costomers . com
or maybe worse " toro and kenmore join .com ( rip the cosumers)
sorry to put kenmore here ... hell look that one up too !

Toro took that bad plunge , I feel for them , I am a nice guy
I would never buy from them again , for the professional mower ,
there is so many other machines , you already know this ,

To the profenal :
Would you go us If you could even if it cost 1 - 100 $ ?

myselt I sure would , Who is your customer to be if alll our cash flow is asia ?

my fingers are sore ...

alan

Alanh100
fair oaks, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2008 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toro-Mower/Bloomington-Minnesota-55420/Toro-Mower-toro-company-Bloomington-Minnesota-330984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toro Mower

AUTHOR: Jeremy - (U.S.A.)

First of all, I don't know how long you've been in the Lawncare industry, but what are you doing running over rocks? I mean, of course the case will break if you shoot rocks through it. Second, the frame is bent? It had to take one heck of a hit to bend the frame. Believe me I've tried. Third, the battery is probably always too "weak" because you leave some facet of the machine turned on at all times. I would take a look at the manual for proper shut down and starting procedures. I have used many newer than 2005 Toro mowers. And they have all worked like a dream as long as they are used and maintained properly. I would not replace anything if I were Toro either. Misuse is misuse. Operater error is all you have.