• Report: #194729

• Submitted: Sun, June 04, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, June 04, 2006

• Reported By:Monroe New York
Toro
8111 Lyhddale Ave. South Bloomington, Minnesota U.S.A.

Toro ripoff poor product Bloomington Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Same Thing

Bought a Toro self propelled electric start mower in June 2002. The mower is Guaranteed to Start. I have had nothing but trouble with this mower. Within the first season, I had to bring it to an authorized dealer to have the electric start feature fixed. That was covered by warranty. Yet it has never worked even after the repair. I paid $100 more for this electric start feature when I bought the mower.

At the end of the 2004 season, I had it serviced because it would not start. The repair shop said that the needle in the carburetor was stuck due to bad gas. The same thing occurred at the beginning of the 05 season. I brought it back and they repaired it no charge. Now I can't get it started again. Each time I bring it in, it's $160 to repair.

I paid a premium price to buy this because I thought Toro was a premium brand. Previous to this, I had Sears mowers and never had these kind of problems. I have contacted Toro on several occasions and all they can tell me is that the warranty has expired. Needless to say, I will NEVER buy another Toro product. Moreover, I would advise anyone to buy cheap. A higher price does not mean higher quality.

Tony
Monroe, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2006 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toro/Bloomington-Minnesota-55420/Toro-ripoff-poor-product-Bloomington-Minnesota-194729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toro

Same Thing

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Bought a toro lawn mower for the same reason. It was SUPPOSE to be very easy to start. Didn't bother with the electric start because that's just one more thing to go wrong. The thing's a b***h to start. Push the gas ballon 5 times, pull the handle 6 or 7 times and off I go. If you don't do the routine, you're out of luck. Other then that it works fine. BUT DON'T buy it because it's suppose to be easy to start. It's probably the hardest lawn mower I've ever had, to start.