Complaint Review: Torres Credit Services

• Reported By: cajun34 — Anywhere Internet United States of America
Torres Credit Services
27 Fairview Street, Suite 301 Carlisle, Pennsylvania United States of America

Torres Credit Services Illegal Debt Collection Practices Carlisle, Pennsylvania

Well, it appears by all the complaints (((REDACTED))) .com), Torres Credit Services, is certainly not following the laws.

I too, checked my credit reports and found that they had listed a collection for $50.00 on all three of my credit reports. They have never attempted to contact me in any way. I have lived at the same address and had the same phone number for over 16 years.

It appears that instead of sending out any notices to people, they simply list them with the credit bureau and wait for the consumer to contact them or pay it, which is a violation of the law. Now that this has dropped my credit score I am now having to spend time and money trying to fix it.

I have filed a dispute with all three credit bureaus, FTC, BBB, and the Attorney General's Office, in my state and theirs. I will also have to send a certified letter to them disputing and asking for validation of the debt. What a shame that we have to do all this because of an unscrupulous business.

It says this business is a "collection agency/attorney" on my credit report. I hope it is an attorney, I would enjoy taking them to small claims court and getting $1,000 out of them. They would have to come to where I live :) Quite a journey for this alleged $50.00 debt.

I hope everyone will dispute their debt, and not just pay them...because that is what they are counting on.  Oh, and by the way, the address listed for them on my credit reports is inaccurate (imagine that).  If you are sending them a "VALIDATION" of debt request, be sure to look up their correct address.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Torres-Credit-Services/Carlisle-Pennsylvania-17015/Torres-Credit-Services-Illegal-Debt-Collection-Practices-Carlisle-Pennsylvania-902380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Torres Credit Services