invited

• Updated: Fri, November 02, 2012

• Reported By: Stephanie — Glendale Oregon United States of America
Torres Motors
723 N Central Avenue Medford, Oregon United States of America

Torres Motors Bought a lemon which was deemed "dangerous to drive", dealer repoed the car after 2 weeks when I had paid $3100.00 total. Medford, Oregon

I bought a vehicle on 9/29/12 which turned out to be a lemon. I had paid a down payment of $2600.00. The dealership agreed to trade it for another car 2 weeks later. I made a payment of $500.00 towards the second vehicle on 10/20/12. The second vehicle also turned out to be a lemon and was deemed "dangerous to drive" by my mechanic less than a week later.

The dealership agreed to fix only one of the problems with the second vehicle and stated to me that the other problems were for my warranty company to fix. After informing them that the warranty company wouldnt like to know that they have to foot the bill for lemon cars that the dealership keeps selling they agreed on 10/29/12 to give me a third car free and clear for the $3100.00 I had already invested.

On 11/1/12 I had the second vehicle towed to the dealership for the trade. I was informed that the vehicle would first have to be checked out by their mechanic to determine that the problems my mechanic found were actually present. The vehicle was driven away by a salesperson. After 45 minutes another employee came to the lot to tell me I would have to come back in the afternoon. After I refused and he fefused to give me the keys, he stated to me that the vehicle was being reposessed for non payment. I had paid $3100.00 total.

I immediately called the police to report the vehicle stolen. The officer informed me that I had all the required paperwork and I was in the right but since I was in a contract with the dealership they could take the vehicle at any time. He advised me to get an attorney and take them to civil court which I also started the process for that same day. My monthly payment on the vehicle isn't due until 11/9/12.

Stay away from Torres Motors in Medford Oregon. They let us leave their lot in an unsafe vehicle with children in the car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Torres-Motors/Medford-Oregon-97501/Torres-Motors-Bought-a-lemon-which-was-deemed-dangerous-to-drive-dealer-repoed-the-car-963860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Torres Motors