Complaint Review: Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

• Reported By:Grand Forks North Dakota
Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc.
19900 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 400 Irvine, California U.S.A.

Toshiba, Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc. Product failure - terrible customer service Irvine California

*Consumer Comment: I agree with you...

A joke of a warranty and the worst in customer service. The Toshiba laptop I purchased was $500 investment. This amount may not be much to the big CEO and suits of Toshiba. When I purchase a product and it clearly malfunctions within 2 months of a 1 year "limited warranty".... I expect to be given the replacement option.

I purchased my Satellite series laptop from Walmart. Toshiba only stands behind their product for 14 days. In that time period from the date of purchase you can return their product to Walmart. Shortly from the date of purchase the right click and scrolling option began to stick. Now less than two months of having the laptop I have no right click and no scrolling option.

I called the Toshiba "customer service" number. I was not dealt with professionally. These service agents were ignoring questions I asked so they could stick to their script. The customer service manager I spoke with couldn't explain to me why I could not have the replacement option versus the repair option that is written in the Limited Warranty booklet. She could not tell me how long to expect my laptop to be gone. She said that I may be charged for repairs. She said that from the day I was talking with her I would have 14 days to send my laptop to the service center or my work order would be cancelled. Why is Toshiba inconveniencing their unhappy customers?

They don't care. So much for their six sigma philosophy.

I certainly don't expect to be charged with repairing a product that I expected to work flawlessly for at least for 2 months. Also, why are customers responsible for paying to ship a laptop to a service center? Where is compensation for me while I wait for my laptop to be fixed and returned to me? I guess expecting a world wide corporation to really care about a customer who bought a $500 laptop is too much to expect these days. I will definitely spread the word about Toshiba's "limited warranty" and that they could care less about true customer satisfaction.

Angela
Grand Forks, North Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-America-Electronic-Components-Inc/Irvine-California-92612/Toshiba-Toshiba-America-Electronic-Components-Inc-Product-failure-terrible-customer-se-472256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc.

I agree with you...

AUTHOR: Ward107 - (U.S.A.)

I have had the same issue but it was a $1300.00 mistake. I asked them to return the notebook within the return period and they said they wanted to have technical support work through the issues, specifically identifying that I was ignorant and was just misusing the notebook. I had told them I was experienced with computer repair and knew the issue to be a bad video card. They had me reformatt my hard drive destroying my data and reinstall the software on the system. Still same issue. Then finnally they said they would call me back in a few days with what to do. They called back at the 31 day mark making it impossible for a replacement and said I must ship it back to them for repairs. I had asked for a prepaid shipping lable and they said that was my responsablility. IO told them I had heard of a factory certified repair center in my city and they said oh yea you can drop it off there too if you like. It would of been $45.00 to ship UPS. I discussed with them I had wanted just a replacement two weeks prior and had gotten a run around. They told me they have strict policies on returns and I no longer qualified. I buy from Dell now and customer service might be in India but they do take care of issues within the year warantees and will honor a return if you request it. Good Luck....