occasions

Complaint Review: Toshiba America, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, April 22, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, April 23, 2010

• Reported By: terryAK — Wasilla Alaska United States of America
Toshiba America, Inc.
9740 Irvind Blvd Irvine, California United States of America

Toshiba America, Inc. Toshiba, TAI, Toshiba America Information Systems, TAIS Toshiba Doesn't Honor Their Laptop Warranty and Wants to Charge for Covered Repairs! RIPOFF! Irvine, California

*Consumer Comment: Questions...

Purchased a Toshiba Satellite Laptop in October 2009. One morning I got up (in 2010), I turned on my laptop & the only thing on the display was horizontal & vertical, black, white & color lines. Telephoned technical support to report the problem. Tech support said that it wasn't covered under warranty (it came with a 1 year warranty & I also purchased an additional 2 year warranty on top of that). I said it was & that I wanted to speak to a regional manager. Tech support said wait, I'll sign a case number & you need to call the 800 number tomorrow morning. Next morning I call & spoke with a case manager (she was very nice). She gave me a repair depot number & said it would take 7 to 10 days to fix & that all the postage to & from my residence was taken care of by Toshiba at no charge. So, I backup the files from the laptop & get it ready for when the packing/box arrives. It arrives, I box my laptop up & drop it off at the UPS store to ship out & received a shipping receipt. In about 9 days, I call the 800 number to check on the progress of repair (because I really liked this laptop--it had a built in web cam & microphone at the top of the display frame). A different case manager responded & I asked for the first lady I dealt with & was told she was not there. I proceed with the person on the phone & they said that the repair depot was supposed to have called me. They also said I owed them $325.00 for the repair. I told them it was under warranty & this person tried to tell me it wasn't covered under warranty. So, I ask to speak with someone at the repair depot--I was transferred. The person at the depot told me the same thing--not under warranty. I told them it was. So, I have written a letter to Toshiba America, Inc.'s CEO & Chairman & copied the CEO & Chairman of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., to have the matter resolved. However, employees working at the repair depot continue to call me & tell me I owe them $325.00. :-( BIG Sigh! It would not be so bad if I was working instead of on disability--I use the laptop as my connection to the outside world. But Toshiba is suckering other people, I know. If they do it to one person, they do it to others as well. I guess they think I will continue to go around their circle until I get tired & just pay the $325.00--NOT A CHANCE! My feathers are not just ruffle--they are totally burnt off! I'm mad as #@%)_ & I REFUSE to give in to their tricks. I bought it in 10/2009, there's a 1 year warranty, its still under the 1 year warranty, & Toshiba needs to honor it! PERIOD!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2010 11:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-America-Inc/Irvine-California-92618/Toshiba-America-Inc-Toshiba-TAI-Toshiba-America-Information-Systems-TAIS-Toshiba-Does-595691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba America, Inc.

Questions...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

Is this the warranty that you received with your laptop?

What did Toshiba say the problem was with your laptop and why wouldn't it be covered?