Complaint Review: Toshiba America, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, July 12, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 12, 2008

• Reported By:Baton Rouge Louisiana
Toshiba America, Inc.
1251 Avenue Of The Americas New York, New York U.S.A.

Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. Big Business-Little Customer New York New York

Ah yes, off shore technical help.
Not cracked up as presented.
Please let me explain in my commentary below.
I called Toshiba to solve what appeared to be a minor issue regarding getting the DVD/CD player to play.
I was disconnected four (4) times without the courtesy of a return call from Toshiba after I had given my telephone#.

I had the exact same discussion with (5) five different people each time I called back.
I had to pay $35 because the unit was out of warranty.
Previously, this unit has consistently given me problems through 2 IT technicians who had much trouble fixing the unit. After purchase I had to bring a unit back to the vendor 3 times. The 3rd time, they exchanged the original unit for the one I currently own and having difficulty.

Sequence of phone calls:
I was told to use the Recovery Disc. I believed we were to use a portion of data on the Recovery Disc to fix the issue. I asked, Is any saved personal data would be safe and he assured me that it would. Since I am a novice PC user, the technician took me trough every step with my questioning every step. We finished the process, the disc began to function and was told to call back in 20 minutes after the process was complete.
The unit was restarted and the DVD/CD player was functional; however, all the saved data and all of my programs were gone.

At this point I was really angry that a simple issue could have caused such disgusting and dire consequences.

Question: What is the protocol (steps) to solve the simple DVD/CD issue besides using a Recovery Disc?????

I wrote Toshiba and asked the following.

My needs from Toshiba:
*Recover the lost important personal data
*Return all programs to the original function.
And/or
*Replace this poor performing unit with a new unit with reliability.

This would be in concert with Toshiba's Commitment, "To maintain fair and equitable business practices", as outlined on the site: http://www.toshiba.com/csrpub/jsp/home/Tcommitment.jsp

Further stating, "Philosophy and ethos is founded on the principles of corporate social responsibility."

I was denied any help from Toshiba.

Just thought someone should know.

Sincerely,

Frank
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2008 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-America-Inc/New-York-New-York-10020/Toshiba-America-Information-Systems-Inc-Big-Business-Little-Customer-New-York-New-York-350450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba America, Inc.