Complaint Review: Toshiba America Information Systems, Computer Systems Division

• Submitted: Mon, June 21, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, April 17, 2011

• Reported By: Lari — Pasadena California United States of America
Toshiba America Information Systems, Computer Systems Division
9740 Irvine Boulevard Irvine, California United States of America

Toshiba America Information Systems, Computer Systems Division Windows 7 fraud Irvine, California

*Consumer Comment: I got some relief

I purchased my Toshiba A505-S6960 July of 2009, qualifying for the Toshiba/Windows 7 promotion. When I sent in my first request for Windows 7, I was advised I had already received the sofware. After 8 emails with supporting documentation, I was advised that another customer must have transposed her serial numbers on her request and my software was sent to her and they would send another one to me.

Needless to say each confirmation was followed up by a cancellation resulting in multiple apologies and no software.

All current requests for assistance have been met with the information that the promotion has ended.

While I have only my personall experience as fact, it appears fron what I have been reading on Rip Off and other sites, that I am not the only one who has had their serial number hijacked. I am willing to be part of/intiate a class action suit against both Toshiba and Arvato Digital Services if someone could tell me how to start.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2010 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-America-Information-Systems-Computer-Systems-Division/Irvine-California-92618-169/Toshiba-America-Information-Systems-Computer-Systems-Division-Windows-7-fraud-Irvine-C-615956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba America Information Systems, Computer Systems Division

I got some relief

AUTHOR: Cboyett71 - (United States of America)

I called today about the windows 7 upgrade that I have been due for a long time. I kept asking, kept asking and KEPT ASKING to speak to a supervisor. The person on the other end of the line, Amy (yeah right!) would not put a supervisor on, but she did act like she was trying. Finally, I said to her it's not your fault. But tell me this Amy, Toshiba made up that they were going to fix this problem...right? Amy admitted it after a while. She said yes, they would not add Windows & to eligible computers and that they were told to forward the complaints to empty case manager accounts. This tells me all I need to know about this company. I may never get this upgrade, but I will call these people everyday for a long time. I will also go into stores, when I am shopping, and tell people not to buy their products. One man cannot do much against a company but I will try to cost them 10 grand or more. Thanks for lying to us Toshiba. You suck!

spectacular