Complaint Review: Toshiba America Information Systems

• Updated: Thu, July 29, 2010

• Reported By: Jordon — Monrovia California USA
Toshiba America Information Systems
9740 Irvine Boulevard Irvine, California United States of America

Toshiba America Information Systems Digital Products Division They Broke My Computer Even More Irvine California

I made a YouTube version of this report, seen here:

I purchased a Toshiba Notebook and found that the 8 top-row key was broken and had fallen off. I bought myself a new key but, when I tried to install it, I realized that the metal underneath where I was supposed to insert the new 8 was bent. I could have put the key in, myself, but I would have to the shove the key in crookedly if I were to do so.

I called Toshiba and they sent me a box where I could ship my computer in for repairs.

I knew there was a problem when I saw the condition the box was in when I got the computer back. It was pretty beat up. When I opened the box itself I saw that there were what appeared to be skid marks under my computer.

When I opened up the box, the first thing I noticed was the fact that the key was in crooked. Toshiba had not taken the time and effort to replace the keyboard and instead shoved the key in like I could have done, myself.

As well, when I turned the computer on, I found that some of the computer screen's pixels had died while it was in their hands.

There was a laptop repair summary paper along with the computer. Heres what it said:

-----

Repaired and Cared For On:       7/20/10  10:33 PM

Proudly Repaired by:

First Name   Eric S.           Tech ID eXeII

Serial Number:  4A197500Q

Service Order:   V-19806219

Symptoms:

Case Detail: Key fell off

Customer CD/DVD disc shipped with unit.

Notes:  Repaired keyboard key. Updated DMI & BIOS. Passed all tests-----

As you might have noticed, the paper acknowledged the fact that the key had fallen out, but there was no mention of the metal piece underneath being either damaged or repaired.

When I called customer service, they said they were going to simply list is under Problem not fixed and that they were going to do something about the screen.

They did not acknowledge my mention of the metal piece despite my attempts to bring it up numerous times.
I received a second shipping box in the mail on July 27th. It was horribly damaged. Im not comfortable with shipping my computer back to them in what they sent me. In fact, I shouldnt be considering shipping out the computer at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2010 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-America-Information-Systems/Irvine-California-92618-1697/Toshiba-America-Information-Systems-Digital-Products-Division-They-Broke-My-Computer-Even-627174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba America Information Systems