Complaint Review: Toshiba America

• Reported By: Bob — Little Rock Arkansas United States of America
Toshiba America
don't know doi't know, California United States of America

Toshiba America BDX2200KU doi't know, California

I recently installed Toshiba's BDX2200KU DVD player. It never worked right - after about 10 minutes on pause, it would power off and the DVD would have to be started over (both blu-ray and regular). I called their support number, and the guy (he never gave his name), said to power off the unit, unplug it, wait 10 minutes then try it again. While I was waiting the 10 minutes, he hung up on me. Since the problem was not resolved, I called Toshiba back. They gave me the same steps to try, plus said it was probably a bad HDMI cable. I don't think a bad HDMI cable would cause the problem I was having. I called my AV guy, and his first question was "Why did you buy Toshiba?" - I didn't my daughter did. I had a Toshiba DVD player about 2 years ago (also purchased by my daughter) - they had email back then  - and I emaled them. They ignored me for about 6 months, the said my warranty was expired, and I have pay for repair. So I'm out about $350 - the two Toshiba DVD players plus the Samsung my AV guy installed yesterday, which works fine with the HDMI cable the Toshiba said was bad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2011 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-America/doit-know-California-/Toshiba-America-BDX2200KU-doit-know-California-760896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba America