Complaint Review: Toshiba Canada

• Reported By: Jeff Kearns — Langdon Alberta Canada
Toshiba Canada
191 McNabb Street Markham, Ontario United States of America

Toshiba Canada 72MX195 Light engine Repair and faulty parts Markham, Ontario

I bought a Large 72" DLP from Soundsurround On January 1 2007.   In april of 2009 the Light engine failed on my TV.  I was upset but realize that sometimes these things happen.  I then had to wait for an outrageous 4 months to receive the part as toshiba said they were backordered and that I was lucky if they were making 1 every two weeks.  For a tv that was 2 1/2 years old this sounded outrageous to me but dealt with the wait and paid for the repair grudgingly.

Now it is 4 months later and the light engine has failed again!! I have called a number of different departments within toshiba and all have told me that they have a 90 day warranty and that I am at 120 days and sorry about my luck.  I feel ripped off and will never buy a toshiba product again.  This sort of customer service is terrible and I think they should be punished for this sort of thing.  My TV is only 3 years old, had the lamp go twice (I understood this issue to begin with) but having the light engine go twice in four months is just wrong.  Hopefully some people will be warned about this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2010 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-Canada/Markham-Ontario-L3R-8H2/Toshiba-Canada-72MX195-Light-engine-Repair-and-faulty-parts-Markham-Ontario-555234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba Canada